~Draco Logic~

Third Person, Nobody POV:

Draco Malfoy has always been an overdramatic git. This much Harry knew was true. Mostly because most of Malfoy's so called 'Incidents' were taken out on him.

Draco had been strategically avoiding Harry all day. Harry only really knew something was wrong when Draco failed to show up to their midnight rendezvous.

The boy who lived had been waiting for the Slytherin for nearly two hours by the lake. Harry thought that without the other Slytherin boy the lake didn't look nearly as majestic as it had before. Admitting defeat Harry trudged slowly up to the Gryffindor common room.

The next day even Ron and Hermione couldn't figure out what caused Harry's dramatic change in mood. They didn't press him however in fear of retaliation and essentially no words being spoken.

Even during Harry and Draco shared classes Draco didn't even spare a glance a Harry. His nose was intently focused on his books and his hand scribbling fiercely. Harry noticed the frown lines on Dracos forehead whenever the other boy scrunched his brow in frustration which happened very often.

There was a sweat droplets lining the side of his face. Only someone staring at Draco's face would notice it but it just so happened that was exactly what Harry was doing. Harry watched the time anxiously and started packing away his things early so that when class was over he would have the opportunity to follow Draco with ease.

Without attracting attention from Professor McGonagall Harry silently slipped his quill and ink into his bag. He then proceeded to look as natural as he could when the Professor glanced over. Once McGonagall averted her attention once more the next thing to vanish from his desk was his parchment paper, followed by his textbook.

"Alright classes that is all for today. Read pages 45-51 for next class and write a short summery. By that I do not mean copy down the text book word for word." McGonagall gave a pointed look to Seamus who's ears turned pink from the attention. Draco bolted up from his chair and walked down the classroom while the others were packing up.

Harry snuck out to intercept Draco before he got to far away. There was a short cut Harry remember suddenly that very conveniently led right to where Draco would soon be forced to turn.

"Why are you avoiding me?" Harry questioned rounding the corner only a few inches from the other boys face. Draco's face became tinted with a soft pink which brushed along his cheeks. Despite that there were still noticeable bags and sunken features which made Draco's face look hallow.

Draco looked as though he was about to speak, his mouth dropped open and formed a couple words. When he realized no sound came out however he snapped his jaw shut and looked away in embarrassment.

"I can't i-it's to terrible," Draco forced out his voice quaking as he desperately tried to keep it calm. Harry's face furled in confusion, but his eyes softened.

"What is?" He asked simply and Draco shook his head.

"I can't say it here. I'm not safe," Draco stammered and tried to give Harry a little push to get him off
him but the attempt failed.

"Draco just-" Harry started but was interrupted by the hurried whisper.

"I don't think I can... just leave me alone Potter." This time Draco gave Harry a shove which sent Harry backwards. Harry needed to take a few steps to regain his balance again but by that time Draco had left the scene.

Merlin this is going to be a lot harder than I thought , The Gryffindor boy thought. He took a deep sigh in defeat. Draco is certainly a difficult one.

————————
Draco POV:

I realized that I could not tell Harry the truth. There was no way I could protect myself then. I highly doubt that there was anything that he could to help me.

My fate was as well as signed. The choice I had to make now was an impossible one... but how was I supposed to explain that to Harry.

I couldn't risk losing him; But now I understand the only way to truly save him is to push away.