~Discovery~

Harry POV: 

The portrait door swung closed. AT this point there was no point going after them. Besides they didn't hurt anyone. I trudged back up the stairs to the dorm bumping my feet occasionally against the edges of the wood. 

Ah Goddammit!

I cursed as I stubbed my toe extra hard on the last stair before stumbling onto the platform at the top. 

"You okay mate?" I heard a call from the dorm. Most likely Ron. 

I exhaled trying to calm the throbbing in my foot. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just stubbed my toe is all." 

"Did you catch them then? Whoever was spying on us?" Seamus inquired as I walked in through the open door. 

I shook my head. "Unfortunately not, they got away," That caused groans from all the boys, looks of disappointment flashed across their faces. 

"Well that's too bad, but there's nothing we can do about it now." Dean reasoned. 

"Yeah, but it still would have been interesting to see what they were doing here. Why spy on us?" Neville asked. '

"Well we have got the chosen one rooming with us so it's no wonder why they would want to spy." Ron pointed out and then all eyes turned to me. 

"No, no, no. They weren't here for me." I said defiantly. They all gave me a pointed look to show me how stupid I was being. 

"Well, who else do you think they were here for? Me?  Seamus? Dean? Neville?" Ron grunted. Even though I could tell that the other boys were kinda offended they made sounds of agreement nonetheless. 

We played a couple of games of exploding snap before the dorm next to them (Not) very politely asked them to be quiet. So sadly they had to put the game away. Dean had won once and Neville had won the other to everyone's surprise.

Neville barely played games with the rest of them usually focusing on his little garden which had started expanding near his bed or doing some reading. That's why it shocked the rest of them that he was actually this good. 

--------------------------------

Right, when I was about to get in bed I noticed something sticking out from the side. Something that had not been there earlier. I picked up this book with an odd purple color and weird markings up the side. 

I inspected it for a few seconds then put it on the nightstand beside my Gryffindor red four-poster bed. The conclusion I had come to was that at the moment I could not care less what the book was or where it came from but I would ask Hermione tomorrow. 

Sliding into the sheets of sleep, my thoughts drifted from the book to everything else. Until nothing at all and sleep overcame me. 

--------------------------------

"Are you sure you don't know what this book is?" I pressed Hermione the next morning after I had pulled her to the side while making our way to our first class. Right, when I woke up I went to find Hermione and showed her the book. Ever since then I have been questioning her. 

She did tell me it was probably best to leave it in the dorm. I agreed after all I didn't want to lug around a heavy book for no reason. 

"Absolutely Harry, I have never seen it before. Now stop asking me. It's getting really bothersome," she said as she made a movement to get past me and walk away. 

"And you have never seen it before?" I insisted, blocking her with my arm resulting in an annoyed groan from Hermione. 

With a surprise force, she pushed back against my arm. Then again this is Hermione anything is possible for her. "No, I haven't for the last time Harry. I won't have you questioning me anymore."