~The Creation of an Army~

Harry POV:

Throughout the next few weeks, Hermione started pestering me about starting a defense group. When I had finally agreed to it, she told me she had arranged a meeting for all those who wanted to learn defense at the Hogs Head.

I was definitely skeptical about how many people would actually show up, but Hermione assured me that more people would be willing than I might imagine.

--------------------------

When I showed up at the Hogs Head with Hermione and Ron it was dark cold and damp. The snow still lay thick on the ground and there was clearly no effort to place any heating charms. There were familiar faces in the crowd, like the twins, Luna, Cho, Dean, Seamus, Lee Jordan. until they started asking me about Cedric. I was astounded by the number of people until they started asking about Cedric.

Honestly, I should have known this would happen. I told them all plain and straight that if that's what they all were here for, they might as well leave, as there was no point in them staying. They quieted after that as Hermione proceeded to defend me which I didn't take.

In the end, she did manage to convince everyone the defense group was worth the time, and they all had to sign a contract of confidentiality. I missed Draco and wanted him here with me more than anything but that would look really weird to everyone.

As we were all walking back to Hogwarts on the old wooden bridge now heavily covered in snow, Hermione was rambling excitedly about the events that had just occurred. My friends and I were accompanied by Neville, Ginny, and the twins. "I mean- It's sort of exciting breaking the rules!"

Ron was astonished by this statement. "Who are you and what have you done with Hermione?"  Hermione rolled her eyes a bit.

"Anyway. I think we know one positive thing that came out of today." Hermione said changing the subject, then proceeded to look at me expectantly.

"Whats that?" I asked blankly my mind elsewhere.

"Cho Chang couldn't keep her eyes off you." I nearly choked in shock but apparently Hermione took it the opposite way. She gave me a smug smile when she turned back to look at me.

Behind me I felt Ginny tense which just made me feel more uncomfortable. My face burned from embarrassment, and I was trying to get rid of the urge to tell them about Draco.

——————————-

Draco and I had decided to meet at the room of requirement after the first Dumbledores Army meeting which it had now been officially named. I would make up a plausible excuse to stay behind, not long after Draco would come find me.

"Are you coming Harry?" Ron asked as he and Hermione both made their way to the exit of the room. The room was completely bare due to the fact that everyone else had already left.

"Um-no I thought I would stay behind to plan the next lesson. Don't see any need to wait." I replied as the room started to make random objects disappear. A few meters in front of me a dark spruce desk appeared, fully equipped with wiring material. I gestured to the table to support my argument.

"Oh.. well do you need any help Harry?" Hermione asked concerned.

I shook my head. "No it's alright I already ah e plenty of ideas. You two can both go ahead." I told them with a smile which I hoped would reassure them.

"Alright then Harry. See you," Ron concluded and he and Hermione both walked out of the entrance.

After they left the room had immediately transformed into a much more cozy room with a fireplace, a couch and a table. A few minutes later Draco hesitantly entered the room.

When he saw me his eyes lit up and he rushed towards me. He nuzzled his face into my neck as I pulled him in for a hug.

"I missed you." He told me and I hugged him closer.

"I missed you too." I replied as I kissed the top of his head. As a result my response was kind of muffed. I could smell his shampoo strongly.

"You know the defense group I was telling you about?" I asked him and he gave a hum as a reply.

"Well we had our first official lesson today and... Cho was there as I suppose you already guessed." Draco stiffened beneath me at the mention of the girls name.