~Dangerous Dice~

Draco POV:

It's been a week and I still can't believe that I chucked muggle dice at Harry Potter. 

For the first few days, I resigned myself to being confined within the walls of Slytherin common room and dormitory. This meant, that I skipped half a week's worth of lessons. Or at least in person. 

I couldn't stand going to class, the very thought made me sick. A couple of years ago I recalled reading about a charm that could enchant anything to act like a one-way mirror. I can be in class from the comfort of my bed. Or at least it would be that way if I didn't replay the incident every time I closed my eyes. 

Involuntarily my eyes shut and once more I was transported back into the moment. 

I heard the strangled gasp coming from the boy in front of me. That was the moment where my heart dropped into my stomach creating a tsunami of unease and fear. Potter's face drained of all color, even his once-vibrant emerald eyes seemed dimmed. 

My arms dropped down to my sides, heavy as a stone sinking me further into despair. I just stared at him and backed away slowly, wanting to distance myself as much as possible. 

"Malfoy-" He said dangerously and I moved faster. Potter, however, moved to grab my arm. His skin grazed mine for just a second. The electricity probably killed all of my brain cells because without thinking twice my hand containing the muggle dice tightened and I threw

The dice ended up hitting him square in the face, making him stumble backwards in shock and impact. I took the opportunity to dash back to Slytherin's dorm where I knew he couldn't get to me. 

My eyes opened again and I winced at the memory.  I got out of my bed feeling overwhelmed and went towards the bathroom. I knew that my potions class would be over at this point and lunch break had begun. After opening the door and shutting it tightly behind me I studied myself in the mirror. 

Normally, my hair was styled with an expensive amount of gel but now it drooped down my face defeated, not having its usual blonde shine. Any glimmer now bouncing off my hair would be grease, my hair looked stringy and unhealthy. My hair almost covered the protruding mark right on my forehead from when I had thrown the dice at Potter. 

I touched my face gently, not wanting to irritate the red swelling around my eyes. My eyes transformed from the cold gray to a sunken faded blue, like it usually does after I've cried. Around the corners of my nose slightly hidden lay red skin which burned. 

I didn't recognize the boy who stood in front of me looking utterly hopeless and defeated. This boy was unbecoming and certainly not a Malfoy. As I turned away so did the other boy, reflecting each movement as I felt sick and hurried back to bed.  

I was also well aware of how suspicious it looked that I was not showing up to any of my classes but for some reason, I just didn't care. 

By the time my friends entered the room after all the classes that day, I was in the middle of my work. Even though I'm not in lessons I must still do the work, 

"Draco darling you have to get out of bed soon, you look absolutely dreadful," Pansy informed rushing over to me before taken a few steps back. 

"-And you stink." She crinkled her nose in disgust. Then she came towards me determined and yanked the duvet off me. "Now get up, it already looks suspicious enough as it is!"

I groaned loudly and staggered out of my bed my limbs limp. From the door, Blaise looked at me disapprovingly. "Honestly Draco, what would your father say if he saw you like this." 

Throughout my whole body, a cold shiver struck me to my core. There was a newfound sense of urgency and I saw what Blaise was trying to do.... it was definitely working. I mentally regained my composure.

"Alright, I'm going to take a shower and then tomorrow I will go to all my classes." I sighed decidedly and went into the bathroom once more leaving my friends in the other room. 

----------------------------

Harry POV: 

Malfoy hasn't been in class for the past few days. 

I honestly never thought I would be worried about him but here I am. Ever since he threw the dice at my head I have had a mark right next to my scar. I was watching the time waiting for potions to finally be over. Across the room, Parkinson and Zabini were whispering and took turns fiddling with this little necklace which I assumed to be Parkinson's. 

"Class is over. I expect the homework to be handed in next lesson. Everyone leave now." Snape drawled and none of us hesitated to leap from our seats. Parkinson and Zabini were the first to leave and I hurried to catch up with them. 

Remembering about Ron and Hermione I told them I forgot about something in the dorm and that they should go on ahead to lunch. They nodded and went off in the general direction of the great hall. 

"Zabini, Parkinson wait!" I shouted after them. Parkinson stopped for a moment and said something to Zabini who nodded. They glanced back at me with worry etched onto their faces. 

There was something off about both of them, neither one seemed as impeccably well-groomed as they normally were. Parkinsons hair looked brushed but unstyled and Zabinis's features seemed drained. There were no sneers on their faces, they just looked done. 

"What is it, Potter? You have one minute. We don't want to be seen fraternizing with Gryffindors." Parkinson shuddered as if interacting with a Gryffindor was the worst thing imaginable. 

"Where is Malfoy? I noticed he hasn't come to any of his lessons." I panted, tapping my finger on the side of my leg. 

"Why on earth do you care Potter?" Despite seeming all confident Zabini glanced over to Parkinson who seemed equally nervous. 

"No, I do! Please just tell me!" I insisted. At this point, I was almost desperate enough to consider sneaking into the Slytherin dorms. 

"He's sick Potter, not that you would care. Looks like your one minute is up." Parkinson snapped and she and Zabini sauntered off leaving me alone. 

One thing became obviously clear to me now. Malfoy was avoiding me. 

At this point, I was definitely desperate enough. It looks like I will be paying a trip to Slytherin. 

--------------------------------

A/N

Sorry for the late update. I have been really busy lately with exams upcoming so updating might be a bit scattered. 

Thank you so much for the reads!

-Mai