~Prophecy~

Harry POV: 

Draco was caught in the crossfire and it terrified me. 

Although he dodged all the curses flying in his direction there was still a very likely chance that he would get hit. I took my chance to grab the prophecy when Lucius Malfoy was distracted.

When he realized that it was gone and that Draco was here... Well, that's when all hell broke loose. Lucius Malfoy looked between the both of us with a fierce and deadly glare. Draco and I stared at each other in dread, his face was paler than I had ever seen it. 

The elder Malfoy must have noticed something and instead of going after me, like I thought that he would, he went after his son instead. Draco was in a headlock position with his father's wand at his throat in a swift merciless motion. 

"If you do not hand me that Prophecy now Potter, Draco here will have a taste of a painful spell. Now you wouldn't want that?" The elder Malfoy said in a voice spitting with malice and misintend. 

"B-but he's your own son!" I exclaimed completely shocked that a father could be willing to do this to their own child. 

"He is a failure and no son of mine. I have already given you many chances Potter, I am not feeling very forgiving. And this time Draco will pay the price." A crooked smile appeared on his face as he stroked the line of Draco's hair with his wand and dragging it down his throat threateningly. 

"Get away from my nephew you spineless coward!" Sirius yelled and shot a spell at Lucius which he skillfully dodged. 

"Really Black if you are going to threaten someone please follow it up with an actual action instead of some pitiful attempt." Sirius fumed, I noticed the grip on his wand tightening. "All bark and no bite as muggles say, though I will not reduce myself to muggle phrases," Lucius smirked seeing Sirius so wound up. 

My friends were still held by other death eaters but I noticed the loosening of their grip as if intrigued with what was going on. Nasty bastards. 

I shot a spell at a death eater I did not recognize which freed Hermione. From the brief conversations, I heard his name might have been Dolohov. Freeing Hermione provided the distraction we needed to free the others. 

Hermione and I started firing different curses and charms at the various death eaters. The next person to get away was Luna who ran straight to Draco. 

"Let him go, you upturned bastard!" She yelled and stamped on Lucius's foot. Not that I know what the insult meant everyone else seemed to. Some weird wizard thing I guess. 

Draco struggled against his father's arms and gave a scream. When I turned around again to find him he was on the floor withering in pain. "Now Potter unless you should like this to go on longer than it has to, I suggest you hand over the prophecy and save your... beloved." Lucius said the last word with a sneer. 

"How could you! He's your son!" I ran over to Draco not caring about the various exclaims and shouts from my friends. I could practically feel Ginny's disapproval behind me, not to mention Ron's. 

Next to Draco I collapsed onto the ground and held the Prophecy out in a shaky hand. "Take it. I don't care. Just stop this, please." I begged him, pleading with him. 

I'm not sure if the curse stopped or Draco just passed out, but Draco went limp and wasn't conscious. I still felt his pounding heart near me and that was reassurance enough that he was alive. 

Luna however was boiling with rage. Her usually happy face was now red with anger. She went right up behind Lucius and gave him a push. Just a push. That was all that was needed to set the elder Malfoy off balance just enough for the prophecy ball to slip out of his hands and crash onto the floor. "You do not hurt my friend. I don't care who you are." 

Lucius did not hear her words due to most of his attention was trained on the broken prophecy at his feet. A gasp from all the death eaters whispered across the room. Very slowly Lucius turned to face the girl behind him and I knew this was not going to be good.