~Slytherin Sherlock~

Draco POV:

When I woke up the next morning something seemed off. After getting out of bed, I saw that my previously organized books had been knocked over and one of them managed to slide across the room.

On the bed next to mine Blaise was still asleep he slept on his stomach mimicking a starfish. Very un-Zabini like, but I'm not judging. This led me to the obvious conclusion that it was not Blaise that knocked over my things.

1. Because he was not out of bed this morning, which is one out of three times he could have done it.

2. If he was awake in the middle of the night I would have heard him. Blaise is very noisy when getting up and moving around. As well as knocking over books he would have surely made an ungodly racket.

3. He fell asleep long before I did. I tend to pace around the room before going to sleep to clear my thoughts, so he can't have done it then.

It also can't have been Crabbe and Goyle because they had no reason to come anywhere near my part of the dorm and knew very well I would strangle them if they messed up my stuff. An empty threat of course.

This left me to one final conclusion: someone had broken into my dorm last night. My insides dropped right after I finished being proud of myself for that brilliant deduction. The trail of books all insinuated a path being made towards his bed, meaning that someone saw his scar.

Anyone who has lived in the past 15 years would recognize that scar as the mark of Harry Potter. Then I would be screwed. This notion made me feel reluctant about starting up the class again and I even began to question going back at all.

"Don't let this stop you from going to class Draco. It's not that big of a deal." Came a groggy, croaking voice from behind me. I turned to reveal Blaise Zabini out of bed staring at the very same trail of books I had seen earlier.

Obviously, he had made the same deductions that I had, which wasn't a surprise. Us Slytherins tend to have a movie night in the room of requirement where we watch all sorts of muggle movies and shows. We do it 'Broaden our horizons' as Pansy likes to say. All of this is done without our parent's knowledge and we all know what would happen if they found out. Sherlock Holmes was one of the things recommended to us on the very helpful Netflix program.

"Of course it's a big deal Blaise!" I snapped giving him an incredulous look but he just shrugged it off. I sighed gazing at the mess on the floor.

"But you are right, I need to go to school today." I admitted and ran a hand through my hair.

"That's the spirit mate!" Blaise said encouragingly but I just have him a look which told him all he needed to know. He finally shut up.

I took that time to cast a couple cleaning and tidying spells which cleared the books out of our way and into my satchel. Then I entered the bathroom to get ready casting my daily glamour spells concealing all my scars.

——————————

The first class that we had today was Defense against the Dark arts with the Gryffindors. Bloody Brilliant! I sure picked the best that to come back.

Pansy had been trying to get my attention the whole walk to the classroom but I didn't notice. Or at least not until we arrived.

"Okay... remember your story," Pansy whispered and I nodded. We were right outside the door and we both were well aware the pink mutant was going to ask some questions. Despite Professor Umbridge being a former Slytherin, her house had no respect for her. Our parents did though and that was enough said.

Umbridge watched as Pansy and I both took our seats in the usual arrangement. The rest of the class had already been seated and I felt the blazing stare coming from Potter. "Why haven't you been in my classes Mr. Malfoy? Am I that boring to you?" She asked her voice high-pitched and demanding.

"Of course not Professor, quite the contrary I find your classes immensely fascinating. Unfortunately I have been retired due to the flu." I replied not letting on how well rehearsed my speech was.

"And why aren't there any records of you in the Hospital Wing?" She questioned further. This didn't stump me however.

"Madam Pomfrey provided me with the necessary potions and treatments. My father would never let me stay in the Hospital so he say to it that I could be treated from my dorm." I spoke in the posh and confident way I could.

She looked pleased with this explanation and finally left me alone. I could hear sniggers from the Gryffindors. Daddy's boy! , I'm a Malfoy too rich for the Hospital wing, and other things along those lines. My face burned in shame and I buried my head into my arms to try conceal the redness. Malfoy'a are never ashamed, rang in my head.

I guess I'm not the Malfoy I thought I was. The question is, am I fine with that?

The class had finished and Professor Umbridge dismissed us. Pansy and I were the last to leave because she was waiting for me to finish packing up my stuff. As soon as I left the classroom, a figure yanked my arm and pulled me to the side.

I found myself face to face with Harry Potter. Our proximity brought a new kind of heat to my face and I turned my head as to not look in his eyes.

"Tell me everything Malfoy!" He demanded and then he noticed that I was avoiding his gaze. Angrily he grabbed my chin and forced me to look into his emerald green eyes. Those same eyes I knew I could resist.

I opened my mouth to speak but no sound came out and I closed it again in shame. "Speak Malfoy!" Potter commanded and I gulped.

"What do you want to know?" I squeaked out. A Malfoy doesn't squeak.

"I don't know?! How are you my soulmate? How did you know? When did you find out? Why didn't you tell me? Why are you so mean to me if I'm your soulmate?" The questions piled one after the other and I struggled to keep them straight in my mind.

"I can't answer the first, but the others I can..." I trailed off my thoughts along with it.

My mind returned, I knew time was running out before my next class. "After school, I will tell you the story of my childhood. That should answer most of your questions."

Without another word I left Potter there alone.