~Confrontation~

Harry POV: 

As I was lead into Dumbledore's office an entourage of people gathered behind Umbridge. These included Kingsley, Fudge, Percy, Dra-Malfoy, Cho's friend, McGonagall, and another ministry official I did not recognize. Dumbledore was sat calmly on his desk, his face showed no trace of surprise as we all entered. 

"You may be the high inquisitor of this school, Professor Umbridge, but I do not appreciate manhandling my students," Dumbledore said pointedly and the grasp on my arm lessened slightly. 

Fudge on the other hand was looking rather excited. Umbridge pulled forward Cho Chang's friend who has covered in pimples and had the word SNEAK written across her forehead. Her head bowed in shame and she could not meet my eyes. Umbridge had quite the hold on the poor girl both physically and mentally. 

"I'm afraid this poor girl is unable to speak but I will tell you what has transpired." Umbridge started and then paused for some dramatic effect. "Shortly after dinner this girl came to me and said that if I went to Room of Requirement I would find an illegally formed student group." 

Cho Chang's friends looked down at her hands not looking at anyone now. Umbridge's voice boomed through the room commanding authority. Fudge was beside her looking very pleased and smug. "It was at this time the hex took place." Umbridge gestured to the pimples and writing on the Ravenclaws face. I did not pity her, instead, my insides burned with rage and betrayal. 

"Since I had receives information some time ago that Potter and a number of other students had met at the Hog's Head in an illegal group-" Umbridge got cut off by Dumbledore, which made her face turn pink from embarrassment. 

"I'm sure that's not true, Professor." He told her, advocating for my side. Which I found quite rich considering I had only seen him twice this whole year. 

"I'm sorry?" She squeaked her voice raised three pitches at the question. 

"In the point of fact, when young Potter met with those students it was not illegal." Dumbledore reasoned and his points did make sense. 

"--But two days later, Educational decree number Twenty-Four was introduced," Umbridge argued back. 

"Again quite correct. However, I wonder if you have any evidence of them meeting after that point?" The Headmaster pressed, Umbridge was clearly getting more and more irritated. 

"Why! I have a witness right here!" She exclaimed gesturing to Cho Chang's friend. 

"Correct again, However, I was under the impression that she only told you about the meeting that happened tonight," Dumbledore explained and that's where Umbridge raised an eyebrow. 

"Well as Ms. Edgecombe stated to me, the illegal group were meeting twice a week and made it clear that it had happened multiple times before." As Umbridge was speaking I took the time to study the room. Draco Malfoy was in the corner barely visible by anybody. His posture was perfect although his back was unusually stiff, he looks presentable. Handsome even. No. I can't think like that. Not after what he did to me. 

"Well, let's ask the girl shall we?" 

"There's nothing left to say-" 

"Ah, but I think there is." Dumbledore interrupted and turned to Edgecombe. "Now Ms. Edgecombe how many times did the group actually meet? It can't have been more than twice." The headmaster coaxed and the girl nodded. 

"What are you nodding for? What does that mean?" Umbridge cried gripping tightly to the red-haired girl. 

"I think she means to say, Professor Umbridge that there have not been more than two meetings. One at the Hog's Head and one after. Is that correct?" Dumbledore asked once more and the red-haired girl nodded once more. 

"You told me that Potter was the leader-" To Umbridge's great shock the former DA member shook her head. 

"Did young Potter only start the group?" Dumbledore asked as the girl nodded once more. 

"What are you shaking your head for girl?" Umbridge cried outraged. 

"It usually means 'No' Dolores." McGonagall sassed back. She was towards the back of the room but she definitely made her presence known. There was some silence as Umbridge sat fuming and Edgecombe looked completely terrified. 

"Well, what about the meeting tonight then?" Fudge asked as if this had suddenly become an utter waste of his time. The amusement that had been there before was all gone, now all that was left was a bitter face. 

"Right. Of course. Well, we proceeded down hallways and saw." Then paused once more for dramatic effect. "We caught Potter just outside, as well as numerous other students. But that doesn't matter. We've found all their names." She told the group and some faint gasps left the crowd as she held up the DA contract. 

I gape at it in utter horror, not recognizing that the gasp had actually escaped from my own lips. Umbridge passed it over to Fudge who now had a wicked grin on his face. Which utterly twisted all of his face into a miserable mush of features. He turned it over as he looked at the heading on top of the paper. 

"So you're the one that's behind this Dumbledore. " He announced and tossed the paper in Dumbledores general direction so that he had to pick it up to get a look. 

"Dumbledore's Army." Fudge said in a strained voice. Unexpectedly, Dumbledore smiles widely and opens his hands. Confusion spread through me and looking across the room I saw that it was contagious. Draco had the exact same look on his face. He stared at me, but I looked away focusing on the scene in front of us. 

"Well, Minister you have caught me!" Dumbledore exclaimed. 

"This has all been your doing. You have recruited students for your army!"

"Quite right, Cornelius."

"I was right! I KNEW it. You! You have been plotting against me this whole time."

"Professor. No!" I shouted but both of the grown men shut me up. Fudge tried to get Dumbledore to come with them to the minister. Which he refused in his very Dumbledore way. 

Between flashes of light, loud sounds, and settling dust, Dumbledores office is left in ruins. He asks if I am alright. I am too disoriented to answer. I heard faint voices coming from McGonagall asking where he will go. I didn't hear the reply. 

Through my gaping eyelids, Dumbledore moves swiftly to Fawkes and in a swift motion, he disappeared entirely.