Chapter 27

ALEX'S P.O.V.

– Here you have – I said while leaving the plate of soup in front of Jinxx.

He'd been feeling better, but he was still ill and the fact that Juliet and Andy were most of the day fluttering around and trying to decide what to do wasn't helping.

– Thanks – Jinxx slightly smiled and took the spoon.

The doorbell rang. I stood up sighing and went to open the door just to reveal Ashley, Andy and CC.

– Hey Lex – CC saluted as I let them in.

– Sup guys – I welcomed.

They came in the living room where Jinxx was and sat down.

~»~

At first, I didn't complain because Jinxx was better and he hadn't had fever for two days, but he needed to relax and to have some peace, so, when Andy starting complaining again and questioning himself out loud what to do, it was enough for me.

– Andy! – I exclaimed as I entered the room.

He looked at me with wide eyes, surprised by my sudden appearance in the room.

– I'm so freaking tired of your complains. If you want to have a baby, have it, if you don't, don't, but Jinxx needs to rest, so stop complaining and think a little bit about your friend, for God's sake – after that we all remained silent.

Ashley and CC seemed pretty uncomfortable with the situation. Andy stared at his own feet and Jinxx had stopped eating his soup and was looking at me indicating I had exaggerated everything.

– I'm sorry, Andy. It's just...it's just that I'm stressed with everything – I replied to the request Jinxx had made with his eyes to mee.

– Don't worry, you're right after all – he accepted as he looked up at me and gave me a sad smile.

After a minute of silence, he stood up clapping his hands against his knees and said goodbye to us all.

I accompanied him until we reached the door and I apologized again and again, but he reassured that everything was right and that he was going to talk to Juliet as soon as she was home.

~»~

– Well that was awkward – Ashley said as I entered the room again.

– I'm sorry, okay? But I'm stressed with everything – I groaned as I sat down.

Jinxx had finished with his soup, so he stood up and took the plate to the kitchen and then returned to the living room.

He smiled kindly at me and motioned for me to come next to him. I did it and soon enough Ashley and CC were making jokes about how we were going to end up like conjoined twins.

I just rolled my eyes and ignored their jokes.

I touched Jinxx's forehead to make sure he didn't have fever and then stood up.

– Guys, stay here with him until I'm back, but don't cause any trouble – I half ordered.

I didn't want to leave Jinxx alone, so I needed to trust in those two.

It'd be Christmas soon and I needed to buy the presents for everybody. That year Jinxx and I were going to buy the presents together, but as he was ill, he was only putting half of the money.

I also needed to buy him something special as a present.

JINXX'S P.O.V.

As soon as Alex left the house, I stood up, and after tottering a little because of the quick movement, I looked at Ashley and CC.

– So, let's go – I simply told them.

They looked at each other frowning a little.

– Dude, you have to stay here, you'll ill – Ashley replied, confusion in his eyes.

– I need to buy Alex her present and I won't be able to if I'm not better before Christmas, so, who's coming? – I questioned turning around. It wasn't a question after all.

I headed upstairs into my room and, after taking clean clothes, into the bathroom. After a quick shower I was feeling much better.

– Are you sure of this, Jinxx? – CC asked glancing at me as we walked out of the house.

The sun was in the sky shining like never.

– Yeah – I replied shrugging and gave Ashley the keys of my car.

~»~

Soon enough we were in the mall and had almost all the afternoon to find something for my wife.

– I'm not buying another guitar Ash – I denied and he pouted as he left the instrument in its place again.

The thing was that, thinking about it, I didn't really know what to buy for Alex. I meant, I knew what she liked, but she had a lot of things already.

So I ended up doing what was more reasonable; I called Juliet.

– Hey Jinxx, how are you? – she asked after answering the phone.

– Good, good. Juliet, I'm here with CC and Ashley, and I was wondering if you knew what would like Alex for Christmas – I bit my bottom lip.

There was silence in the other side of the line until she spoke again.

– A kitten – she replied simply.

CC and Ashley tilted their heads while I frowned.

– A kitten? A cat? Are you sure? – I murmured insecure. I'd never heard Alex talking about having a cat.

– Positive – Juliet guaranteed.

With that our conversation was pretty much over and it was time for Ashley, CC and I to go to the local animal refuge to find a nice kitten por Alex.

Ashley said he'd take care of him until the Christmas day, so everything was okay and planned.