Chapter 13

ALEX'S P.O.V.

– Yes mom, I'm getting married soon – I said as Jinxx, Juliet, Andy and Jake ate the cookies I had made with their eyes on me.

– Obviously with Jeremy – I answered to my mom's stupid question.

Jinxx glared at me for using his name, but my mom knew him as Jeremy, not Jinxx.

I rolled my eyes at him and took a cookie from his hand when he was about to bite it.

– Don't steal my food – he pouted as I bit the cookie.

– No mom, I won't get married in a church – I told her glancing at Jinxx and sticking my tongue out at him.

– Do you imagine it? I think Alex would turn into a real demon if she got married in a religious way – Jake said. They laughed.

– Ha ha, how funny – I said covering the phone with my hand for a moment.

– Okay mom, talk to you soon, I love you – I hanged out and sat down in a chair next to Juliet and Jinxx.

– You finally talked to your mother – Andy said finishing one cookie.

– Yeah, they still work a lot, it's difficult to talk to them, but they say they're coming for the wedding whenever it is – I took my glass and sipped a bit of my pineapple juice.

We talked about random stuff until there was a knock on the door.

I frowned not knowing who it was since it was 6 pm and Ashley and CC had a huge hangover for all the day.

Party hard, life's hard.

– Jake, was Ella coming? – I asked turning around in my way to the door.

– I told her we were here, but I don't know – he shrugged.

I opened the door and Ella was standing there as I thought. We hugged and made our way back to the kitchen.

They all greeted her. She took one chair and sat down next to Jake.

– I miss Lyra – I told them after drinking some of my juice.

– How much time has passed? – Andy asked leaning back in his seat.

– Since I moved here almost – I told him.

Juliet frowned for a moment, then tilted his head.

– Who's Lyra? – she asked. Ella nodded asking the same thing.

– An old friend we had back in high school – Jinxx replied resting an arm in the back of my chair.

– We can make a barbecue, you can tell them to come – Jake suddenly said.

– That sound good to me – I nodded looking at them.

The summer was coming to an end and we haven't done too much of partying. Well, CC and Ashley of course, I didn't know if the rest have had a lot of fun, but Jinxx and I hadn't.

~»~

I hanged out the phone after talking to Lyra for a lot of time. She agreed to come, but first she needed to ask her parents if they could take care of his son.

I've seen photos of Joey. Everybody said that he was the cutest thing in the world, but I only saw a little little person that drooled and cried.

I left the phone on the living room table and made my way to the kitchen. Jinxx was washing the dishes.

– She says that she'll be here the next week. She'll stay with us two days – I said sitting down on the counter.

– Hm – he nodded.

– Hm, what? – I asked raising an eyebrow.

– Two days without the possibility of touching your gorgeous body – he glanced at me. I rolled my eyes.

I stood up, went to the living room and laid down on the couch. I was tired, I wasn't sleeping well.

JINXX'S P.O.V.

When I finished with the dishes I went to the living room, finding Alex sleeping in the couch. Poor her. She hasn't been sleeping well because of her arm. It hurt her.

Since it was already 11 pm, I lifted her and carried her to our bed, leaving her there and making my way back to the living room.

I wrote a song that had been in my mind for a while, being careful of not waking up Alex with the guitar.

An hour later I decided to go to bed. I left my guitar in its spot, took my pajama, changed and then went to bed.

Five minutes after I laid down, Alex turned around and curled up next to me.

She was so beautiful. I slightly stroke her cheek.

Even after all the times we've argued, she was still my little miracle.

I didn't imagine my life without her in that moment, and we were going to make it real. We were getting married. I still couldn't believe it.

~»~

I woke up at 3 am and felt an empty spot next to me. I looked around rubbing my eyes not seeing Alex.

I stood up slowly and made my way to the kitchen after seeing the light coming from there.

Alex was sat in a chair with a glass of water in her left hand.

– Are you okay? – I mumbled as I came in.

She turned around looking at me.

– Did I wake you up? – she asked concerned.

– No, I woke up by myself. Are you okay? – I repeated sitting in front of her.

– I don't know – she shrugged, still holding the glass between her hands.

– Do you think the pain is worth it? – I questioned. She looked up at me forming a thin line with her lips.

There was no answer. I sighed and stood up.

– Why don't you come back to bed? – I asked and then kissed the top of her head.

She rested herself against me looking up with a little smile on her lips.

– Yeah – She stood up catching my hand and following me to our bed.

I hugged her against me when we were in bed, she buried her face in my chest.

– I love you – I told her and then kissed the top of her head.

– Love you too – she said against my chest.

It wasn't too long before we both fell asleep.