Ⅰ. The Wedding

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

Ⅰ. THE WEDDING

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

The Maheshwaris had yet again thrown a jamboree on the occasion of Holi. The festival of colours was just a few hours away to commence. But this year their faces weren't as blithe as any of the bygone years. It was indeed a difficult year for them.

But this was necessary to burn all those black days in the holy fire of Holika Dahan and pray for a better beginning. Exactly, they could only pray and hope.

Sharmishta and Shekhar arrived at the venue with gifts

Sharmishta and Shekhar arrived at the venue with gifts. They were happy for their first daughter, their symbol of love. Swara had finally found her love she was destined to. She won all of her in-law's heart. Not to forget the fact that she was married off to a silk-stocking household. She could rest her whole life too.

Swara ran to squeeze them in her arms in the delight of seeing them. Sharmishta and Shekhar hugged her back and blessed her. Sanskaar and the other Maheshwaris followed behind them. After exchanging sweet pleasantries Annapoorna looked behind them. She wished for just one glimpse of Her. Annapoorna felt anxious not finding her. She looked at Sharmishta who seemed carefree and talked to her daughter. Annapoorna made up her mind and decided to ask it out.

"Sharmishtaji didn't Ragini come?" She asked. Annapoorna crossed her fingers behind her back wishing that Ragini visited them. Sharmishta looked at Shekhar and they exchanged glances which were momentary for anyone to guess why.

"No, she didn't accompany us. Since Maa and Bhauji weren't home, we needed someone to attend the celebrations at Baadi from our side. So she stayed back for it," Sharmishta said. Her voice held an uncertainty that only one person could recognize; Laksh. Annapoorna forced a smile at the information she received. She wished Ragini to forgive Laksh with all her heart without any inhibitions or diffidence. She knew what Laksh gave her weren't mere scars but scary nightmares that might probably haunt her at every step of her life.

"That's okay. If you could send her tomorrow without an excuse it would be great," She replied to them. Only Sharmishta and Shekhar knew then what she implied. Swara was too busy boasting her fortune to her handful of friends who visited her. She seemed to like the attraction she got from her friends. As they teased her and called her lucky she felt herself floating among the clouds.

The pyre was lit and the blazing flames danced in the air. The air smelt rejoicing and everyone prepared to take their positions. Throwing the akshat (offerings) into the fire they celebrated the victory of the good over the evil. Except for Laksh, everyone kept themselves entertained.