ⅩⅩ.Changing Hearts

Hey! And thankfully I had someone giving me a critical analysis of my story. I finally had someone telling me where I was going wrong. So I'm going to try my best to not bore you by giving super lengthy chapters. Actually, I love slow burns and descriptive is my style of writing but I should revamp things so that you guys actually read it for the fun of the story and because you started or some other reason( it happens with me). I would really like so critical analysis because I aim to be better! And from the last chapter, I'm sorry there were some contradicting points related to religion and beliefs. I'm terribly sorry in case I hurt your sentiments. Enjoy reading.

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

ⅩⅩ. CHANGING HEARTS

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

It was all dark. Pitch dark for even a speck of light to disappear in it. Ragini could hear her heart fall into her stomach. The throbbing vessels pulsated higher with every second.

"Ragini? Are you okay?" She heard Laksh ask her. That's when she realised that she had shut her eyes tightly and zoned out. She tilted her head and light hit on her eyes making her wince. She blinked twice and sniffed. Her misty vision slowly cleared as she adjusted to the light. Laksh had wrapped her in his arms.

Finally, when her vision steadied she leaned back and focused on her breathing. She had moved out of his arms long back and she could feel Laksh's constant stares sending tingles all over her. But she was engrossed in thinking about what had happened to care about it.

Her eyes snapped in his direction when she realised that they had almost run into a tree and Laksh held her protectively. She remembered that part when he had put the indicator on the left and steered to the right and said shit. But luckily the car was in their control and it stopped a few centimetres from the tree. Since the passenger seat was to the left, she felt the truck accelerate past her. There was a thin air gap between the door and her and it terrified her. The fast-moving sound of the truck almost tore her eardrums and sent her heart on a rollercoaster ride.

"Are you fine?" Ragini asked, breathing through the air. Laksh nodded.

"Are you?" He asked and Ragini nodded with a yes. Silence spluttered as it was much needed. Their mind was in haywire thinking about the events that happened in less than five minutes. They could hear their hearts in their ears.

What was it?

Both of them knew something common. But didn't dare to ask or share.

It was a one-way road, then why would a truck come at this speed?

Why didn't the driver honk or respond to us honking?

Why would a driver move to his left when we had put our indicator on the left?

Why will the driver slide to the right when he realised they were going that way by mistake?

They knew it wasn't just a coincidence that they had almost run into a truck. It was clear that the driver had ulterior motives, if not, why would he come into their path? The contemplation was hard to give both of them a good headache. Ragini forced herself from overthinking and torturing herself with it.

Ragini tried unbuckling her seatbelt but squirmed as Laksh's eyes never left her face. It had been trained on her ever since she opened her eyes. She wanted to move out of his sight but the seatbelt seemed to be jammed into its slot. She struggled more. She didn't like being watched like that. Her back was uncomfortably being rubbed with the seat to ease out the goosebumps. She felt the intensity of his eyes increase with each passing second and much to her displeasure it added to her headache. Her fingers curled around the seatbelt and tried pulling it away. She somehow didn't have the strength to pull it out.