Ⅲ. The First Night

(A/N: Sorry for this but I find people double voting my chapters and so their vote isn't counted. It would be really nice if you would check whether you voted for my previous chapters. I hope this isn't too much to ask! Votes help me knowing that there are you guys out there supporting me! That's why. Happy reading.)

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

Ⅲ. THE FIRST NIGHT

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

The most awaited time had come for Ragini and Neil. Their first night.

The Malhotras were eccentric with the fact that their son had finally got a soulmate. The Maheshwaris were clenching their hearts seeing Ragini and Neil pose all lovey-dovey for the camera.

Swara was desperate to have a word with Ragini. Not only her. The entire Maheshwari family wanted to talk to her. Ragini was aware of that fact too. She purposely volunteered near Malhotras or would stick to Neil to avoid them. Laksh felt hollow and empty from within. He ran back to his room. Only Adharsh noticed this.

Swara tried an umpty number of times but she couldn't go anywhere near her. The Maheshwaris retreated with their loss over-burdening their hearts. Adharsh went to Laksh's new room.

On the other hand, Ragini was brought to Laksh's room aka her room now. Her dark memories and sins flashed past her eyes. Her eyes watered remembering all the betrayal she faced. She and Laksh had shared the room and today she's come back with another man who is nowhere close to her liking. She slid against the balcony door as her throat hurt from crying. Her father's words broke her again.

Change Men...Disgrace..... And whatnot.

When Neil counted her life's every second her father was least bothered. She would have been fine if Neil was just harsh on her. But no. He changed his colours from time to time. Sometimes sweet, sometimes bitter. Sometimes like a knight and sometimes like the night.

Who is he?

She knew nothing about the man she married. On the contrary, he knew everything about her. Even if he had guessed her garments sizes also she wouldn't be surprised. He knew her better than her own father, stepmother and step-sister.

Yeh Kaisi Imtehaan hai?

(What kind of test is this?)

She pulled her knees to her chest and dropped her head on it. Her tears dampened her Lehenga. Out of frustration she pulled her jewellery away and threw them to the corners of the room leaving her in her joda and chunri. She screamed in agony. What she didn't realise was someone had already entered the room.

The person walked in her direction and knelt before her. Ragini turned when she felt a warm hand caressing her hair. What she felt couldn't be expressed in words.

Motherly Affection

Ragini saw her mother before her with tears in her eyes. Her conscience knew it was an illusion but her longing couldn't hold back.

"Maa," She said as she threw her arms around Janaki. Sadly her arms passed through the non-existent body of Janaki. Janaki smiled a little.

"Baccha, please don't cry," Janaki said. Even though it was a mere hallucination Ragini felt her mother's soul there.

"Maa. P-p-please, take me away f-f-from here. It's s-s-scary out-t there. He..e" She sobbed." There are guns and blood everywhere. I don't want to die. I just want to go away. Please take me with you between the stars." Ragini wailed and pleaded. Janaki gave a helpless look not even able to wipe away her daughter's tears.