ⅩⅢ.A Woman For A Woman

*Sorry for the late update! Now warning: this Chapter can be sensitive. I have nothing against the concerned people nor am I manipulating facts. I have written this chapter owing to the fact that 26 Jun was International day against drug abuse and illicit trafficking. It is also International Day for supporters of victims of torture. This was a mere coincidence though! I'll be back with another update in 24 hours!!!! Enjoy Reading.

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

ⅩⅢ.A WOMAN FOR A WOMAN

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

Ragini and Neil sat in silence devoting their time to eat and just eat. Ragini took efforts to get his attention but he seemed to be more interested in the metal box of food.

He should have married it rather than me.

Ragini cleared her throat when they both closed the boxes. Neil gave a damn to her and opened his draws. Letting his hand skim through it he held another file on the other hand.

"Making me your PA was a joke right?" Ragini asked.

"No," He said, pulling out strips of medicine and fetching a glass of water. He placed it before Ragini and she looked back at him.

"Why did you? I have no proper qualification for that nor experience. Didn't you have Iron Man doing it?" Ragini asked as she scrunched her nose at the idea of swallowing the bitter-tasting medicines.

"It's Norman! Besides, weren't you the one who wanted this marriage to work? For that we have to spend time together. I am a busy man. I can't spare extra time from my work. So it's best you become my PA and tag along. Twofer!" He said, grabbing a napkin to wipe his hands. He kept his eyes away from her and she wasn't stupid to know why.

"Neil, we both know that's not the reason. Give me the real reason," Ragini demanded.

" Are you deaf or forgetful? I won't answer your questions until I find it necessary," Neil glared at her. He walked around the table to Ragini's side and stood behind her.

She scrutinised his eyes over him. Neil curled his finger under her chin and pushed her head back. He slipped the capsules into her mouth. The smooth texture of them didn't hurt her but the pills did. The bitter taste made her cringe.

"What-" She was cut off when Neil emptied the jug of water into her mouth and almost gagged her with it. She choked and coughed it out, drenching her blouse. Nevertheless she swallowed the med.

She stood up and grabbed a napkin wiping her chin and her upper chest. She shook her head looking at how Neil stood stoic. She chucked away the napkin into the dustbin. She turned to find Neil calling someone through the intercom.

Ms.Bansal walked in. She bowed and greeted Neil in respect. The moment her eyes fell on Ragini, she lowered her gaze in embarrassment. She tossed a paper bag to him.

"Stay here!" Neil ordered her for which Ms.Bansal meekly nodded. Neil walked away giving the door a massive slam. The ladies flinched at it.

"Phew!" Ragini let out a sigh. Ms.Bansal looked on, biting her lips not knowing what to say. Ragini understood her hesitation.

"Hey, Ragini" Ragini introduced herself with a small smile extending her hand. Ms.Bansal looked at the hand and her before cracking a broken smile and shaking her hand.