ⅩⅧ. Clues And Threats

I am not satisfied until I give an update of more than 5K words. That's why it takes time for me to bring the next chapter. This contains 10k words. I have used minimum pictures for that sake. My next update will be of a playlist and more information coz I just hit a milestone. The target isn't going to increase anymore. The target just hit off a day back. If possible please share this. There was someone who told me that this book was close to her heart. Thank you so much for the constant love!! You've been an amazing company and a great friend on Wattpad. Enjoy reading!

Target- 60+

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

ⅩⅧ. CLUES AND THREATS

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

"Boooh!" Palak jumped into the way of Kaveri and Nandini starting them. Nandini's heart rate picked up its pace and she placed her hand over her chest gulping. Palak and Kaveri saw it.

" I'm sorry," Palak apologised guiltily. Nandini passed a weak smile before patting her arm.

" Don't do this again," Kaveri reprimanded her and Palak pouted.

" I'm sorry!" Palak said, wrapping her arms around Nandini. Nandini shook her head as Palak placed her head on her shoulder.

"Give her a break, Bhabhi. Poor kid," Nandini said resting her head above Palak's.

" Poor? I'm pretty sure she will make us poor one day. I'm going to find a husband for her who has a lot of hair," Kaveri said as the trio walked around the stairway.

"Why?" Palak scrunched her nose suspiciously eyeing her mother.

"Because I can't afford to see my one and only son-in-law hairless just a day after their marriage. He'll need hair at least until his children believe that his disappearance was solely because of their annoying mother," Kaveri smirked.

"Wow, Mom. People see dreams of a fully furnished house and you here are thinking about a fully furnished family. That too of your daughter's. Aren't you the best?" Palak threw an angry glare at her mother who stood unfazed.

"I try," Kaveri said, biting her lips from smiling at the flaring red nose of Palak, which pointed out at her.

" Oh, God! You should have given me a hot and cool mother like Tish Cyrus or Cindy Crawford. What pop did I ever do, that you gave me a wizened one?" Palak looked to the ceiling raising her hands in prayer, dramatically saying this.

"What do you mean by wizened?" Kaveri asked bewildered. Nandini chuckled lowly but shut her mouth when Kaveri gave a glance at her.

"I meant dried. Kaveri river is drying up, right? Wizened and dried. Synonyms," Palak shrugged her shoulder and a hand came smacking her shoulder blade.

" Mother India!!" Palak feigned hissing. Kaveri rolled her eyes.

" Do one thing, take a Bangkok and fire me!" Palak said, rubbing the part where Kaveri had hit her.

"It's Bandook, by the way," Nandini corrected.

(Gun)

"Huh! You are talking as if you are Tulsi Ten!" Palak twisted her lips in annoyance.

"Tulsi Ten?" Kaveri asked, keeping a hand on her forehead exhausted by her language skills.

"Pshtt" Palak shook her head in disbelief.