ⅩⅩⅠ. Gangaur

Just a little clarification before jumping into the chapter. I hope all of you remember that this track starts from the Holi festival and after 5 days is the festival of Gangaur Pooja. This is following that timeline. I hope you guys can relate. This chapter can be a little religious. In case there is some content not appropriate kindly let me know I will change it or please skip it and move on to reading. Enjoy reading!

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

ⅩⅩⅠ. Gangaur 

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

OH! SON, YOU ARE SO PREDICTABLE. BUT I AIN'T. BUT IF I WERE YOU THEN I'D BE CAREFUL. -DC

Neil banged the open shelf's door closing it and ran to his room. He couldn't care less about the furniture that had fallen across the room with the bowl of marble balls spilling all over. He couldn't fathom what his father would have done with a mere tap. It was all bleached and whitewashed so they both skipped using it during their evening shower.

He inspected the piece of metal. He brought a dry towel to wipe out the little water around. He brought out the carpenter's tool to work on it and avoid direct contact with it. He growled internally when he saw a piece of current-carrying wire tucked underneath the washer that led to the outlet of the tap.

On the other hand, Ragini knocked on Nandini's door and she was greeted by a grim-faced Nandini who kept a disgusted face for her welcome. Ragini smiled back at her hurt. She wasn't doing this for the first time, was she?

Nandini took the tray and stormed inside. Ragini's eyes peeked in and for a second she could see Dev apologetically looking at her before the door came slamming into her face. She could hear faint voices of- 'you know, Aliya could have given me the medicines or you or anyone but her..' and Dev trying to calm her down.

Ragini didn't mean to eavesdrop but she couldn't help ponder how Kavya came into their conversation. She was then sure that Kavya was up to something and this time it involved her in-laws and their soft hearts being bruised. She made a mental note to revisit this topic and walked her way to Annapoorna's room.

She waited after knocking twice and Annapoorna had opened it. Ragini smiled at the graceful face of the woman who was like her mother, simply dressed in a faded coloured cotton saree, no pallu or heavy jewels adorning her features, hair tied up in a neat bun and her vermillion boldly proudly shining from her hairline. They both were a perfect couple. And Ragini would always admire them for it.

"I wanted to have a word with Uncle," Ragini requested. Annapoorna's mood soured when she heard Ragini address her husband as uncle and not Papaji as she used to do. Covering her emotions she looked over her shoulder asking Durgaprasad to give Ragini some of his time. He nodded and asked her to wait in the study. Ragini gratefully smiled.

In a couple of minutes, Durgaprasad was sitting in front of her with Adarsh.

"How can I help you, beta?" Durgaprasad asked in his calm voice deep as a barrel.

"Uncle, I need your help in some investigation," Ragini hesitantly said. Adarsh's groggy eyes seemed to be awake listening to her. His eyes fixed over comprehending her nervousness.

"Sure, if you could specify," Durgaprasad encouraged her, giving his usual two extra centimetre smile.

"Uncle, I just know the first name. Dr Hussein. I am not aware of many details. I want to inquire about that," Ragini said, biting her lips. Approaching Dev or Prithvi would sound better but she didn't know how they will take the news of her trying to pry into his past. She was sure Hussein's name had some extra importance or Neil wouldn't have used it to sign up for Nanu's admission in the hospital. She didn't want to do this but it was necessary to.