Ⅷ.Hell In The Cell

*I'm late and I'm sorry for that! People who haven't taken a look into the epigraph of my new story, try it if you would like! I can't promise when the next update will be. Hopefully by Thursday. In case I have a great mood then I'll get the next update as soon as tomorrow itself. Enjoy reading!

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

Ⅷ. HELL IN THE CELL

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

"Mr.Malhotra. She's just got a mild heart attack. You need to be more careful. She needs complete rest and no stress around. Don't let her BP shoot up. That's all for now. Medications I've already prescribed. I would say appointing a nurse, for the time being, will be better. You can discharge her tomorrow," Dr.Desai informed them.

Dev collected the reports from him and thanked him before leaving the room. Coming outside he saw Neil leaning against the wall adjacent to the doctor's cabin and staring at the nondescript white walls. His eyes strained on the stills that his mind was running on.

Ranveer stepped forward to shake him out of his trance. But Prithvi held him back. Ranveer fought the urge to comfort his brother who he knew would be withering in pain from inside. Dev walked away not able to see how just one day it took for the whole family to part.

Palak saw them and came running to them with tears in her eyes. Throwing her arms around Prithvi she cried like a baby. Prithvi swallowed his tears and caressed his baby girl's hair, coaxing her that Nandini was doing fine. She was sedated for the time. Rudra also got comfort from Dev's shoulder.

Neil heard him say to the others that she had a mild heart attack. Neil was a doctor himself and he knew what it meant. A surging pain in his veins made him feel that he was redeeming. He didn't have the guts to face his parents and cousins.

Bhavya pressed his hands assuring that everything will be alright. But Neil couldn't care any less. His heart was throbbing to meet his mother and satisfy his eyes that she was convalescing if not for hale and hearty. His eyes tracked to the circular peephole of the door. He could see those numerous wires running from one end to the other and hear the inaudible beeping sound of the ECG.

Doctors save millions of lives but when it comes to family they don't remain doctors but a patient of aching hearts and worry.

That was what was happening with Neil. In his medical career, he had saved a countable number of lives and given them new beginnings but now he stood at a crossroads with one side, his mother and the other wife. He didn't cry more than that one tear, but his mind had laid crosswires for himself.

He seemed more a patient than the doctor. His mother was kept under further observation so he was at little ease. On the other hand, Ragini was admitted to a different wing of the hospital. He was yet to go there and check on her.

He tiptoed out of the corridors to where Ragini had her room. Upon reaching the right floor. Hearing the leather shoes gritting against the marble flooring, the Maheshwaris who stood there guarding Ragini's ward snapped in his direction.

Swara burned in rage as she saw him. Fisting her anger in her pal she let Sanskaar and Laksh stand in front of the door. Neil rolled his eyes at the way they were glowering at him.

"Get out before I get a room book for you also in this hospital," Laksh fumed. He was at an advantage after the whole catastrophe that broke in the mansion.