ⅩⅨ. The Diamond

The Information used in this chapter is completely fictitious. If the people or the places mentioned exist in real life, it is a mere coincidence. Any reference to out of context information will be changed in case you report it to me. I thoroughly enjoyed writing this part. For some reason, I'm not able to give a message on the message board, please share it with all of them you know, read my book. Enjoy Reading!!

Target-60+

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

ⅩⅨ. THE DIAMOND

|⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⪧O⪦⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓⁓|

"Do you have any idea why you are here?" His father's voice boomed even before his shoes set their imprint on the moist mud at the entrance of the mansion. Neil rolled his eyes. No wonder his father was Deathless Candle.

"What am I hearing, Hussein?" Neil's steps quicked to the centre of the hall. The old dusty smell was not new to him. Autumn leaves cracked all their length and gave a crunching sound as he stepped onto it.

"Why have you decided to close my brothel?" Neil rubbed his forehead in exasperation.

" I have already lost 1 million because of it. Do you have any idea of the damage you have caused to me and my business?" DC's patience ran on a thin line when Neil decided to keep mum.

Neil looked up at his father who was seated on the huge throne-like seat clad in a wrap-around kaftan gleaming in the creepiest shades of red, oxblood. His red contact lenses shone between the layers of cloth that covered his face. The ends of his eyes crinkled in old age but it gave a rugged look. He looked no less than a troll awaiting his red meat to be feasted.

Neil ran his fingers into his wolf-mane like hair. The whole minute of silence was otherworldly and the musty air had become too difficult to maintain calm. The acrid odour from the rotten dead species of the mansion made Neil scrunch his nose in disgust. The nicotine brown coppices that broke into the mansion through cracks and crevices swayed in the violent air the nature decided to bestow upon the old and nestled palace.

"Have you forgotten that to save one life, your Lord, Allah had taken four others?" DC's fingered tapered around the round ball on the edge of the armrest. Made of broken stained glass, the metal from his ring clashed against it giving a spine chilling experience. In the thin splits of the cloak hid the smirk of manipulation.

"I would never!" Neil's yell made the spider fall from their snare-strings and bats wake up.

Mallika was a staunch believer of Allah. She taught her sons with the same belief and compassion for her God. The boys knew His power, His eternality, His grace, His blessing. They respected the sanctity of the Quran and the pristine of their temple, the holy mosque. They believed that any illness could be cured by His blessing. They believed that anyone who comes to His Darbar, his court with sincerity and faith won't return empty-handed. Devils, demons, satans had no place at his court. He, the almighty, will never let an innocent wither in pain and let the offender out free. He was merciful to his devotees. He was the master and they were his servants.

When Hussein was left stranded between little Ragini and his deceased family, he left it to Him. He wanted his family back at any cost and his unwavering faith left him on a path of thorns and thorns only. Hussein accepted it. He'd come for His mercy but sadly he realised his family won't come back. Fury took over him and he was blinded by that. Hussein stood against the Supreme Power and vowed to erase every human being who had their hand in killing his family. Mistake or not, he was going to show what he was made of.