Chapter 1: Return

T City.
The Jiang villa.

The butler had been commanding the servants in the dining room frantically since the morning. "The Wei family will arrive at 10a.m. Move quickly!."

After inspecting the flower arrangements and ingredients, he tilted his head and looked towards the stairs. He frowned.

"Is Ms. Meng not up yet? She has a competition today."

Looking at the watch on his wrist, the butler realized that it was already 8a.m. He headed upstairs to wake Meng Fu up. It was very quiet upstairs. Meng Fu was staying in the room at the end of the hallway on the second floor.

Standing by the door, the butler raised his hand and knocked on the door. He did not sound very polite. "Ms. Meng, are you awake?"

There was silence. He knocked on the door and asked again with a cold expression.

"Slam!"

Someone had hurled a heavy object at the door from inside. In that moment, there was a hint of shock in the butler's otherwise cold and stern face. Ever since Ms. Meng had returned to the Jiang family, she had been observing well.

Although she was unscrupulous and greedy, she still knew her status in the family. What was going on with her today?

**
In the room.

Pressing on her temples, Meng Fu tried to sit up straight on the bed. She looked at the phone which she had hurled towards the door just now due to the butler's interruption. She lifted the blanket. Her fair feet sank into the dark-colored carpet. Then, she headed towards the bathroom.

Looking down, she turned on the tap and scrutinized herself in the mirror.

She was wearing silk pajamas. A strap was wrapped around her waist loosely. There was a fiery red mole on her collarbone. Meng Fu blinked. Her amorous eyes were hazy. Her eyes radiated vitality and charisma with every bat of her eye.

As she looked down, her long and curled lashes drooped down, forming a light shadow under her eyes. After a while, she said, "Luckily, I'm still in my own d*mn body."

Two years ago, her soul had been sucked into an alternate world. Meanwhile, her body had been occupied by a female journalist. It was only until a month ago did Meng Fu's soul return to the real world. However, she could only exist as a spirit and had to follow the female journalist who was occupying her body.

But right now Meng Fu could reclaim her body after experiencing a mysterious force. At the thought of this, Meng Fu reached out and pressed the red mole on her collarbone. Looking pensive, she tightened the strap of her pajamas and took out a set of beige wool knitwear from the closet.

Her phone, which was the latest high tech model, started ringing. The name "Sister Zhao" was on the display. Meng Fu's spirit had been following the female journalist for almost a month, so she knew that the caller was her manager, Zhao Fan.

When her body was occupied by the female journalist, she had just entered high school. The female journalist was an Arts student who had been hustling in the workforce for a few years. She wasn't prepared to restudy school subjects.

Furthermore, she had been acknowledged by the Jiang family just as she started occupying Meng Fu's body. She had left the house which Meng Fu had rented in Yizhong and moved into the Jiang villa. She had also dropped out of school immediately and entered showbiz.

The child who painstakingly managed to enroll in a school in the city had been blinded by its extravagance and decided to drop out of school to enter showbiz. How could the Jiang family possibly agree to that? However, they indeed felt bad for their daughter, who had just reunited with the family. Hence, in the end, they allowed her to enter showbiz using some connections.