Besties for the resties

I woke up on the common room couch with my head pounding and my neck sore. I checked the clock on the wall and it was 9:40 am😐 i literally missed a class baes didn't even bother to wake me up. Yk what i just won't go today, I don't feel like it.

I noticed I was still in my clothes from yesterday so I went upstairs to change. Once I got changed I decided I wanted to go to the courtyard to read for a little bit.

It feels good to go somewhere and not have to have a mask on I mean In 2021 we are in a literal pamaramic😐, but nonetheless it's kind of weird not to be wearing one. I sat down on the grass and started reading. I'm halfway through To Win A Paradise, I only have like twenty pages left.

I noticed all of the boys were coming towards me and I let out a deep sigh.

They are so hard to handle sometimes.

" are you still mad?" Siruis asked me

" of course not. Bestie for the resties asf" I said not looking up from my book.

" well bestie. What are you reading?" James asked as he sat down beside me.

" one of Remus's books." I replied

" oh. That's cool" James said looking over my shoulder.

" did you guys need something?" I asked looking up at them.

" I wanted to see if your hand was alright" Siruis asked sitting down.

" yeah just hurts a little" I replied bringing my eyes back down to the book.

" why weren't you in class today?" Peter asked me

" I didn't feel good." I replied back instantly regretting it knowing Remus probably feels like hell right now.

" shouldn't you guys be in class or something?" I asked shaking my head

" yeah well we wanted to see if you were okay." Remus said.

" worry about yourself wolf boy." I said. My eyes went wide and my whole face went red.

" what?" They all asked.

" wh- I- yeah I got nothing" i said sighing.

" so you know?" He asked me

"Yeah I do." I stated

" how?" He asked confused sitting down infront of me.

" rem there's a full moon in two days. You look deathly fucking sick and you snapped at me yesterday. I figured it out" I said looking into his eyes.

" so you're not scared of me? You're not gonna run off?" He said sounding confused.

" Remus, come on. You are gentle and caring and so so sweet. I could never be scared of you" I said titling my head a bit.

" we can't be friends." He stated looking away from me.

" rem-" he cut me off.

" I'm sorry but we can't. I cant risk it." He stated coldly as he turned his head towards the ground.

I felt something wet coming down my face.

Ah I'm fucking crying. Great.

I wiped my eyes and shut the book, and handed it to him.

" you can keep mine." I stated giving him his other book before walking away.

I walked up to my dorm and buried my head into the pillow.

Now I'm not so sure I wanna stay here.

I got up from my pillow with tears still coming out from my eyes. I walked down the stairs. And walked out of the portrait.