Family

A/N: Dabi x reader

You pulled out the pot you were going to use for dinner and slammed it on the stove. You didn't mean to but you were furious. Dabi went on a mission and was supposed to be back two day ago. "Damn it, Dabi!" No calls, no texts, no nothing. He always found a way to tell you if he was going to be late but he didn't this time.

"What did Daddy do?" You jump slightly at your five year old daughter's voice. You turned to look at Akari.

"Daddy didn't do anything," you told her as you knelt down to look right into her (E/C) eyes with turquoise flecks.

"But you look mad." You pat her head of (H/C) and red hair before standing up again.

"I'm not mad," you told her. I think I'm more... frustrated." Akari nodded.

"I miss him," she mumbled. "I want daddy home."

"I want him home too," you replied. You tried to think of something that could cheer you both up. "I know!" Akari looked up. "Why don't we go out instead?" You put the pot away and started to walk out of the kitchen. "We can get ice cream after." Akari ran over to put on her shoes. You struggled to put your own on since there was an excited child pulling in your arm.

Akari looked up at her mom with a smile as they walked down the street. She had her hood up and a mask over her nose and mouth and she didn't really understand why. Her mother had explained that she hid her face so she could hide from fans and the media but that didn't help her understand. Her dad said that her mom was a strong hero who deserved to be in the spotlight but would never let that light shine on her. She believed that heroes should help people because it's the right thing to do, not because it will get them popular with the public. Akari thought that her mother should be the number one hero. She watched the news with her dad sometimes just so she could see her mother covered in all black clothing as she saved the day as a mysterious hero no one knew the name of but always admired. She understood why her father had to hide in public. She knew that he did bad things but neither parent was ever going to tell her how bad he had actually been. He changed when Akari was born. She, without even realizing it, taught him how to have a conscious. He did everything with one thought in his head: "What would Akari do if I did this?" His little girl helped him change his life without even knowing. Now he does everything he can just so she'll be proud to be his daughter and she is. She loves both her parents with all her heart and she wants to be just like them.

"What are you thinking about?" you asked.

"Just love you and daddy." You smiled at her answered.

"I love you too, baby." You picked her up and kissed her cheek through your mask. You carried her the rest of the way to the restaurant and after being there for about an hour you got your ice cream.

You both giggled as you two licked your ice cream but you stopped when you noticed the door to your apartment already unlocked. "Akari, stay out here," you ordered.

"Why?"

"Just in case." You pushed the door open and walked inside.

"You know, you don't look very threatening with an ice cream in you hand." You sighed with relief at the familiar voice. "Where's my little girl?"

"Daddy!" Akari cheered as she ran over to her father.

"Hey, princess!" Dabi lifted her up and left kisses all over her forehead since the rest of her face was covered in ice cream. "What's that?"

"Ice cream," Akari said proudly as she showed it off.

"Can I have some?" he questioned.

"Nope," Akari answered while popping the 'p'. "I licked allll over it." Dabi chuckled and took a quick lick anyway. Dabi looked at you with a smile and beckoned you over. You smiled and went to his side so he could wrap the arm that wasn't holding his daughter around your shoulders.

"I'm tired," Dabi faked a yawn to prove his point, "so why don't we just sit down and relax." Dabi bit the top of your ice cream and then walked over to the couch while you watched with disgust.

"What's the matter with you?" you asked. "You don't just bite soft serve, are you crazy?" Dabi chuckled and pat the empty cushion next to him. You three sat with a cartoon on the TV for Akari.

"What are you doing?" You looked over as you finished the last bite of ice cream. Akari's forgotten ice cream was melting in Dabi's hand as she ran her little fingers over his scars.

"When will you teach me to use my Quirk?" Dabi visibly tensed at the innocent question Akari used to respond to his own. Akari had the same Quirk as her father and she got it not that long ago.

"Soon, baby," you jumped in as he struggled to answer the question.

"Guess what I brought you!" Akari's head shot up and she bounced from excitement. Akari didn't care about the sudden change of subject but you were going to talk to him about it when you got the chance. This surprise would probably be that chance.

"What? What? What?" Akari questioned over and over. Dabi walked away and came back with his hands behind his back. Akari cheered when Dabi finally showed her the stuffed Stitch toy. Dabi smiled at the happy look on his daughter's face. "Thank you!" Dabi kissed her head and then ruffled her hair.

"Of course." Dabi went to the kitchen and Akari tried to copy Stitch's voice as she played with it.

"Want me to turn Lilo and Stitch on for you?" Akari nodded quickly and you put the movie on before going to the kitchen. You threw out the napkin that was around your ice cream cone and washed your hands.

"I can't do it," Dabi blurted. You turned to look at him. He was leaning against the counter with his head up to the ceiling and his hands covering his face. They dropped to his side and he turned his head to look at you. "I can't do that to her." You dried your hands and walked over to Dabi.

"Touya," you said quietly as you cupped his face, "you're not your father. There is not a single thing you could do to hurt either of us. You never have and you never will."

"You really think that?" You pulled him down so you could kiss him and his hands went to your waist to pull you closer. You pulled away and put you forehead to his.

"I know that," you whispered. He smiled and pecked your lips before easily lifting you up. He carried you to the couch as you squeaked.

"Move, kid," he ordered as he lightly pushed Akari to the side. She let out a whiney 'hey' as she was moved to the side. Dabi laid down and stretched across the couch while you laid on him. Akari climbed onto you with her new toy held tightly in her grip.

"Daddy, you're squished!" she laughed. Dabi chuckled and managed to wrap his arms around both of you.

"I'm okay with that." You were all asleep by the end of the movie in your surprisingly comfortable pile on the couch.