Traitor

A/N: Sero x traitor reader. I decided to start being active on tumblr so if you want you can go check it out. I'm still fandomjoiner and this is there.

Hanta stared. Just stared. How could he do anything else. They'd been gone for two weeks. They left him to worry for two weeks and now they were standing in the doorway with what his teacher proved was a clone of a villain. A villain! How could they do this. If they weren't thinking of anyone else, why didn't they think of him?

"(Y/N)..." He could barely get their name out. Were they also just a copy? One swift kick to their head from Aizawa proved that they were. The teacher was quick to stomp the copy into sludge like the first.

"Sero!" Denki pointed at his shoulder and Hanta just sighed. He knew what was there. The black goop-like substance that was part of (Y/N)'s Quirk. A Quirk that made them seem like a monster. Maybe he could blame it. It was so much easier than trying to come to terms with the idea of them making this decision themselves.

The Quirk tapped Hanta's cheek to get his attention and then pointed towards the door. Hanta looked that way as well. Maybe he could try and get (Y/N) to come back. Maybe he could show them what the right side was. It had to be worth a shot, right?

"No," Aizawa said. "Sero, I know what you're thinking, but there's no point." Hanta took a step forward anyway and Aizawa blocked the doorway. Hanta's cheek was once again patted for attention and the Quirk pointed towards the window. In one quick motion, the Quirk attached to the window and shattered it so Hanta could launch himself through unharmed. He used his tape to pull himself towards the trees and used the Quirk like a compass. He swung through the forest until the goop went limp on his shoulder.

"(Y/N), what are you thinking?" Hanta asked as he dropped down. "How could you do this?" The Quirk around (Y/N) and on Hanta's shoulder melted to show the villain. Their clean, white button up shirt and black dress pants slightly wrinkled from what little fighting they had to do to get to this point.

"How could I not?" they replied as their Quirk climbed up their leg to sink into their back where it belonged. "This is where I'm meant to be."

"I defended you!" Hanta exclaimed. Every time his best friend came to him crying because of a bully, he dealt with it. He told everyone how they'd be the strongest hero Japan has ever seen. When they went on their first date just before U.A., he blocked them from everyone's burning stares. When the class discovered their Quirk was more uncontrollable and reckless than Tokoyami's, he stood with them so they wouldn't feel as alone.

"I never asked you to do that."

"I love you!" (Y/N) knew. It was there in every act. Little letters left on their desk. New nicknames saved just for them and only for him to use. Showing up at no matter what time when things got overwhelming just to remind them to take a break. Always blocking them from the world outside when it became too much. He loved them and they knew this.

"I never asked you to do that either."

"Neither did I!" Hanta cried. "Think about the future, (Y/N). Everyone would love you as a hero."

"That's just it!" they exclaimed. "Everyone would love me and you and all the other heroes, but they won't actually like us. They are in love with the idea of having someone there to save them, but they don't actually care about us and they never will."

"But-"

"There are heroes that deserve to be appreciated and ones that don't," (Y/N) continued. "Everyone looks up to the ones that don't. It's like we're drawn to them."

"You could be a hero," Hanta tried.

"I could," (Y/N) agreed, "but no one would believe in me. I was born to be a villain and you know that."

"No you weren't!" (Y/N) tilted their head at Hanta's shout. "If I thought you were meant to be a villain, I wouldn't have done what I did." Hanta walked up to them and they just raised an eyebrow.

"It's okay to be wrong. You know that, right?" Hanta's face showed every thought. He was sad and shocked. Betrayed and afraid. No matter how much he hated to admit it, he was scared of the person in front of him.

"I do," he replied, "but do you?" (Y/N) tilted their head to the side. "You're so certain that you have no other purpose but I know that you are meant to be so much more than this." Hanta took cautious steps forward. "This isn't the person I fell in love with." Hanta cupped their face with both hands. "Where are they?"

"I wish I could tell you," they whispered. They lightly pressed their lips against Hanta's and they were slow to pull away. "You are so loyal, so good." Hanta put his forehead against (Y/N)'s. "I don't deserve you. I wish I did, but I don't."

"(Y/N)..."

"I'm sorry, Hanta." He shook his head. "I'm sorry you wasted so much time on me. I wish I could be what you need."

"You are," he muttered. (Y/N) took a step back and Hanta reached out for them.

"I'm not," they whispered. "I'm sorry, but I'm not." They slowly walked deeper into the forest as their Quirk melted down their back and onto the ground before wrapping around them, blocking (Y/N) from sight and helping them blend into the shadows.

"I can save you!" Hanta yelled. (Y/N) walked back into his line of sight. "I-I'll help you. I can do it, I promise."

"Of course you think that," (Y/N) replied. "You're a hero with a childish vision. You think you can save everyone but you can't. I'm one of the people you can't." Hanta shook his head.

"You're wrong," he argued. "I already promised so now I have to."

"You're too stubborn for your own good," (Y/N) mumbled.

"Wait!" Hanta called when they turned and walked away again, this time for good.