Together

A/N: Denki x reader.

"Yeah, right, because you totally have a girlfriend." I blushed when most of the class laughed at Jiro's sarcastic comment.

"But I do," I argued.

"Kaminari, you don't have to lie about it to look cool," she told me. "We like you either way."

"He actually does," Mina told her as she came to my side. "I set them up." She did and I don't think I've ever loved her more for it. Her and (Y/N) were best friends when they were younger but (Y/N) had to move because of her dad's job. They got back in touch last year and Mina thought she was the perfect girl for me. Now, I may have been desperate, but I wasn't stupid enough to just dive right in so I made Mina tell me literally everything about this girl that she remembered. Oh, boy was Mina right. I don't think I could ever need someone else... which is what started this. Who needs to flirt when you have an amazing girlfriend, who actually likes your cheesy pickup lines, one call away? (Y/N) made me a better version of myself so now Jiro, and apparently everyone else in my class, wanted to know what happened. Now, I wasn't trying to keep my relationship secret, it's just that it never really came up until now.

"Here." I held out my phone to show the beautiful (H/C) haired girl with bright (E/C) eyes and a smile. "It's almost our anniversary."

"No way that's your girlfriend." I frowned at Jiro.

"No way!" Mina exclaimed, completely forgetting about Jiro. "That's why you were getting a plane ticket?" I nodded and Mina's face dropped. "But we have a class trip that day to the beach. We even got Aizawa to come." Mina motioned to the caterpillar that was our teacher.

"This is more important than some trip, Mina."

"Really, Kami, you should wait a little bit," Mina tried to convince me.

"Why are you so against it?" I asked. "I though. You'd be like, 'Oh, my goodness! That's so cute!'" I copied Mina's squeal and she glared.

"I don't sound like that," she mumbled. "And I do think that it's a cute idea but the timing isn't the best. Think about it, this trip is the break we get before being thrown head first into work studies. We're in our third year now so it's a lot more serious than before. We'll have that and school work and a whole bunch of other stuff we can't control and if you visit her, things could get really overwhelming for you."

"I'm prepared for that."

"Kami, she's important but so is this." I sighed and slammed my head on the desk.

"I'll think about it," I groaned.

Mina felt bad about it, but she had to. What Denki didn't know was that (Y/N) had a similar idea to him. The weekend trip was perfectly timed. The class had finished setting it up the day before Mina got a call from (Y/N) saying she was moving back and enrolling at U.A. Only Mina, Present Mic, and Aizawa knew. The only reason the English teacher knew about the girl at all was because he listened in on the conversation Mina tried to have with Aizawa about the situation. Mina made Present Mic and Aizawa (who was convinced by Present Mic screaming "young love" over and over in his ear) make sure every tiny detail was in place. Aizawa would keep the class in check, Mina would keep Denki in check, and Present Mic would get (Y/N) and bring her to this beach trip.

"I don't even want to be here!" I shouted as I fell back onto my towel. "I should be on a plane to get to my girlfriend." Mina literally dragged me onto the bus and I was furious. I just wanted to be with my girlfriend! I was sick of only talking to her if one of us was sacrificing our sleep schedule. I would cut sleep out of my life completely if she asked me to but I wanted to be able to have a conversation when neither of us were running on the caffeine from however many energy drinks and a full pot of coffee. I wanted to actually see her and be close to her. We haven't even had our first kiss! I wanted to actually kiss her instead of kissing the camera with an exaggerated 'mwah!' just to hear her laugh. Sure, it may not seem that important, but when you love someone and can't get to them, everything you couldn't do before seems even worse than it was.