Christmas Madness

A/N: Doing Christmas things with your dad, Shota Aizawa.

"Dad! Daddy! Dad! Pop! Dad! Papa! Dad! DAD!"
"What?!" Shota shouted as he shot up from his bed. "What could be so important that you need to wake me up at," he turned to his clock to see that it was almost noon, "... way past a reasonable time?" He looked down with a sigh. Shota's eyes widened and he immediately threw himself out of bed, hitting the floor with a bang when he got stuck in the sheets. "I need to make you breakfast or lunch or something. You're probably starving."
"I'm fifteen! I know how to make myself breakfast. Besides, Hizashi broke in again and made breakfast and now lunch since it's Christmas." Shota had his second heart attack of the day when he remembered there were no presents under the tree. Then he remembered there was no tree. Then he remembered it was December 1st, not the 25th, and that this fifteen year old monster and his dumbass best friend decided years ago that the whole month would be dedicated to that one day.
"Shota, get down here!" Hizashi yelled. Shota groaned and wrestled himself out of the sheets to follow his kid down the stairs. "Okay, squirt, what's the plan for today?"
"Decorations!" (Y/N) exclaimed.
"Thank you, Hizashi," Shota sighed as he sat at the table.
"Of course," Hizashi replied as he put coffee and a plate of food in front of Shota. "Long night?" Shota nodded.
"I guess I slept through my alarm. I'm sorry." Hizashi shrugged it off and (Y/N) didn't even care, more focused on the plate that was placed in front of her than the conversation. "So we're decorating today?" That got (Y/N)'s attention. She looked up immediately and nodded quickly.
"Okay, how about we eat and then get the stuff together while Shota gets ready?"

Task One: Decorating

"Alright, Ms. Aizawa, what are we doing?" (Y/N) tilted her head to the side as she thought and looked around the front yard.
"This is the only time of the year I'm organized," (Y/N) muttered. "The blow up snowman should go over there. It's an ugly looking patch that looks really weird so it's a good idea to cover it. Some of the lights should go around this tree and, dad, if you can get up on the roof, you should put lights over the porch." (Y/N) continued to list off the decorations for outside and then dragged the two men inside to describe what she was thinking for the indoor decorations.
"I'm starting to regret leaving the little Christmas gremlin in charge," Shota joked.
"You're just not in the spirit yet," Hizashi whispered back, not realizing the teasing tone. "Besides, the holidays are when you take the most time off so they're really important to her. It gets disappointing for her to see you more as a teacher or hero than as a dad." Shota felt a twinge of guilt at that. He didn't realize that that was why this was so important. He just thought (Y/N) was like every kid on Christmas but the excitement wasn't for gifts, it was to see him. She shouldn't be excited to get to spend time with him, she should just be able to do it.
"Is that okay?" (Y/N) asked as she turned back to look at Shota.
"It's perfect," he told her. Him and Hizashi went to bring down all the Christmas decorations while (Y/N) tried to hunt down their cats and put them in a room so they wouldn't get tangled in Christmas lights again.

"Help!" Shota came inside from the cold to see what Hizashi was yelling about now and sighed when he saw the other two somehow managed to get tangled in the Christmas lights.
"Shoulda locked you up with the cats," he mumbled as he went to free his daughter first. When the two were free, Hizashi and (Y/N) finished putting the lights up and smiled.
"Isn't it pretty?" (Y/N) asked. Shota smiled and pat her head.
"Very pretty."

Task Two: Christmas Movie Marathon

"What first?" Shota questioned as he sat on the couch. (Y/N) was quick to curl into his side.
"Why am I choosing everything?"
"I don't like this as much as you do," Shota answered. (Y/N) looked up at him guiltily.
"Are you not having fun? I thought it was fun." Shota shook his head quickly.
"No, it's fun! It is fun," he told her. "What I mean is that spending time with you is what's fun for me so I don't care what we do." (Y/N) smiled up at him and her eyes seemed to brighten.
"Really?" Shota pinned (Y/N) down and she squealed as he tickled along her sides. "Stop! Dad!" Shota chuckled as she calmed down and rested his chin on her stomach. "What was that for?"
"I wanted to. love you, kid, remember that. You are all I need so of course I like spending time with you." He sat up and pulled her up to kiss the top of her head. "Now let's see how many of these you can get through before falling asleep."
"I'm not gonna fall asleep."