It's My Party And I'll Cry To The End

/ / I T ' S M Y P A R T Y A N D I ' L L C R Y T O T H E E N D / /

I slide the black gloves on to my hands as Anna pins the tiara to the front of my top knot and I swing my legs back and forth while I wait for her to finish. I'm currently sitting atop my bathroom sink letting Anna do me up like Audrey Hepburn. The music is loud and I faintly hear the noise of more people arriving. I'll admit, walking out the bathroom, I was slightly impressed at the turn out; I had only been gone for about half an hour and already the amount of people in my flat has doubled and the doorbell rings, inviting more.

I spot Louise in my kitchen, chatting with Matty, it surprises me a bit because the last I heard, she proper slapped him. Twice.

She's dressed as Poison Ivy, green vines and red hair galore, complete with her very own Joker. I walk up to them, grinning and Matty spots me first. He's heeded Anna's advice, switching his black shirt for a white one with a leather jacket of Jamie's hanging off his shoulders. He eyes the tight maxi Anna has given me and inhales a drag of the cigarette he's got dangling between his fingers. Louise turns around to see whom Matty is eye-fucking and squeals when she sees it's me. "Marcy!"

"Louise!" I call back, opening my arms and walking over to engulf her in a hug. "Who's Mr. Joker?"

She pulls away, grinning at me, "Marcy, this is my boyfriend, Lane," she drags me to him and he grins beneath the thick layer of make-up. Despite being absolutely caked in white foundation and smeared lipstick, I can see the sharp angles of his face and the long lashes he bats coyly. He holds his hands out for a shake but I give him a hug.

He chuckles, "I've heard a lot about you," he admits as he pulls away then makes a startled face, reaching to my cheek, whipping at the makeup he's smeared, "Sorry I'm not use to wearing make-up," he chuckles.

He's more quiet and reserved, not as loud and colorful as Louise, but he looks at her like she's his queen and they fit together so seamlessly. I'm almost sad that I've only now met him.

"Great party," he tells me as he reaches for Louise's hand, interlocking their fingers. "I've never had drinks with popstars," he glances at Matty with a smile.

"Where's Anna?" Louise asks. I turn, glancing around until I see her kneeled on top of the dining room table, rubbing eyeliner all over Adam's eyes. He stands begrudgingly but he stays rather still, letting her work it in with her fingers. Jamie is sat next to her on a chair, legs outstretched as he's chatting a girl dressed as a nurse – a friend from one of my classes, I think. He has a cupcake in his hand and every so often he dips his finger into the frosting before sucking it off, eyeing her tastefully. I blush at the sight, honestly. I note a flash of fangs in his mouth and I suppose he's supposed to be a vampire, but he's still wearing the same clothes as before.

When I point them out to Louise, she leads her boyfriend to them excitedly. Lane glances back, grinning politely and raising his bottle of beer as a salute. I wave at him before turning to Matty. He holds his hand out and I glance at it before taking it and letting him lead me in front of him. He's close to the window for ventilation; his back is leaned against the counter adjacent.

"Did you know that James Dean and Audrey Hepburn never actually met?" He asks me quietly, holding my hand between our bodies. I take the cigarette from his hand and look at him curiously.

"Can I try?"

He furrows his eyebrows at this. "Why would you want to try it?"

I shrug, "It's pink. Why did you try it?"

He grins maybe bashfully, "Because I wanted to, Marceline."

I narrow my eyes at him and bring the pink vanilla scented stick that Matty had gotten fond of close to my lips, but he snatches it away, taking a drag before I had even let my lips touch it. "Hey!" I protest.