Don't Smoke All My Weed

/ / D O N ' T  S M O K E  A L L  M Y  W E E D / /

Marcy Looks like she's about to throw up and Matty figures it's probably because the night isn't exactly going as she had planned. Of course, Matty is having a laugh at how flustered his girl is, but he masks it when in her line of view. He feels like a dick, of course, but he really doesn't mean to.

He's high, his parents are drunk, he's sure his little brother is ­trying­ to get high, his dog might have eaten the pie Anna had made them and all Marcy is really trying to do is get Matty in bed.

To be fair, Matty thinks it had all started out quite okay. They've spent the night before with the lads, opening and exchanging Christmas presents. Stefani, Louise, Anna and Jamie were over at his flat as well. Marcy saved her present until the actual day. "I'll be spending Christmas with you, so I'm giving it to you on Christmas!" she was very adamant about it and even refused to open the present he had given her. They were all sat around a synthetic Christmas tree, passing a joint that George had rolled - right after warning Matty not to touch any of his weed while he was gone - and Matty rolled his eyes and moped about, watching the others open Marcy's gifts with glee.

It was all music related and he wondered if Marcy would have enough money to pay off her student loans by the end of it. Adam had gotten an array of customized guitar picks, one representing the union jack, a metallic one with the first few chords of Robbers embossed, one that matched his Geisha tattoo, and one with his named etched, to name a few that Matty had remembered. Upon seeing his pout, Marcy giggled, reaching to whisper in his ear, "They were half off," and alright, Matty knows picks are cheap considering everything else, but it was well thought out on her part, personalizing them to Hann's taste and all.

He loved them and handed her a perfume set. Handed Matty a gift card to the Apple Store. From all of them combined. But whatever. Ross received a fucking leather bass strap with a damned penguin etched into it. He definitely stuck his tongue out at Matty while handing her a set of probably expensive nail polish or some shit.

"So salty," Jamie murmured, sitting on the couch beside where Matty had been seated with his legs crossed on the floor. Jamie ruffled Matty's hair, "Don't worry, I got personalized socks." He had explained, "My feet are always cold and Marcy likes to personalize things."

"What did Anna get?"

Jamie grinned, "Personalized nonstick kitchen pots and stuff."

"How the fuck do you personalize that?" he grumbled.

Louise nudged him, "Her favorite color and her initials, stop being such a Grinch."

"What did she get you?" He wondered, trying not to sound bitter that he was the only one left without a present to open.

The now orange haired girl - mostly due to the red fading not so nicely in her hair, grinned, while playing with the rubber band on her finger, "She got me and Lane matching sweaters, mine says Mrs. and his says Mr."

"Don't worry, Matty," Stef said winking at him across the room, with her mouth full of Shepard's pie. "Your gift is extra personalized."

The boys jeered at this like school kids, catching an innuendo.

"Stef!" Marcy exclaimed almost in embarrassment and Matty really wondered why they invited her over. All she did was eat the food and voice her unwanted opinions. Although Matty supposed it was either her or Natalie if Marcy put it down to an ultimatum and Matty would choose the mother of his child over Natalie any day.

George handed Marcy a Victoria's Secret's bag, and he was definitely looking to get punched by Matty, honestly. Matty narrowed his eyes at his best friend's cheeky grin and watched as Marcy peaked in and her face grew red. She groaned out a thank you but hadn't exactly specified what was in the bag, only idly wondering, "How'd you even know my size?"