1.

- Jessica's POV -

This is practically the last week I've got in the United Kingdom. Christian and I failed to meet two months later, I quit my job and everything, but it just didn't feel right. It's been two years, hell I miss hugging him. We video chat, call each other, we're trying to hold this relationship as strong as possible.

After not feeling right and stuff, I decided to work as an economy teacher. Well, I did, but at a high school, which wasn't what I was really aiming for. I was aiming for universities, but my experience wasn't enough. My students aren't so bad, they are horrible. Teenagers are the worst, trust me.

I miss the days of the tour, but nothing is perfect. About the tour, my brother is no longer in a relationship with Charlotte, they broke up about a year ago. My parents have been living together the past two years, and it's not so horrible, it's just weird. But it's nice to see my mom happy with someone. You know what surprised me the most about the past two years? The fact that Tyler - my brother - has done a gap year. He is going to NYU with Cinema Studies as his major and Music as his minor.

Here I am, driving to Lockwood High, where the worst students are. My phone rings, it's Christian, I'll pick up.

"Hey Christian." I say, hoping my voice doesn't sound exhausted.

"How's my baby's last week?" He asks. I bet he's smirking right now.

"I've been preparing tests for as long as I can remember. What about you?" I answer, blowing smoke out of my mouth.

Okay fine, I still smoke. I only smoke like 5 to 8 cigarettes a day.

"I'm fine, can't wait to see you. How's the hunt for a job?" He questions, not that question, fuck.

"Sucks, my experience isn't enough for what I'm aiming for."

"It doesn't have to be a university for god's sake." He states.

I swear to god nobody will understand.

"I gotta go, I have class in a few." I make up an excuse because I don't want to discuss this.

I get in the school, class is in 15 minutes but I still have to photocopy the tests. These are the final ones since it's the last week of school.

I fake smile at my colleagues and head to the photocopy lady.

---

"I'm home!" I shout, getting in the house.

Apparently mom and dad don't give two shits since they're probably sleeping. It's nice having them together but they're too close. I miss having Tyler in the same house, he's been in the US for 3 months or something.

I head to my room and open my laptop. I check my email, as usual, 'we're sorry but your experience isn't enough'. Fuck, why is this happening to me? All of this because I'm too young? It's been two months, I'm getting bored.

"Get in!" I shout as I hear someone knocking the door.

"Hey Jessie, can we talk for a while?" Mom says, getting in.

I shut down my laptop and nod at her.

"What's wrong mom?" I ask, trying to understand what the subject is.

"Look Jessica, I know this is hard for all of us, but are you sure about this?" She starts.

Not again.

"Yes mom, I am very sure about it." I sigh.

"But Jessica, are you sure Christian's 'the one'?"