46.

It's been a year and three months since Andrew and I have been in London, together. Emilia moved to Ireland with her boyfriend like six months ago. Angelina's asked about her father three or four times, and that's improvement, they even video chatted twice.

Jake has been going to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings ever since I've left and he approves they're useful. Katherine's still his sponsor and she says he's been improving. Man, I miss Los Angeles. I won't look back, though, let's just focus on our present.

We've just got a little problem, Jake wants Angelina's education to be American, he thinks it'd be better for her. She's also been losing her British accent due to her lack of communication with British persons. For some reason, Jake wants her to lose her British side, the only side that's left from Kristen.

About that, Angelina has dreamt of Kristen three times again, and she's starting to get suspicious. Andrew says I should tell her, but I think that would be just very awful. It's like I'm telling her that she'll never have a mother who cares for her and who loves her.

Mom and dad aren't okay with me being back with Andrew, but I seriously think it's none of their business. The last time I told them that, was about Christian and he was cheating on me. But not every man is like Christian, believing that is just superstitious.

Little problem, Tyler doesn't know we're back together again, and I don't think I'm telling him soon. I mean he's going to get pissed, but it's just, unlike me, I don't think Tyler's ever going to forgive him. Even though Tyler owes Andrew his life, he doesn't like to be messed with, let alone to get his sister messed with.

Andrew's been working at his cousin's firm, and I'm glad he's being serious about it and not skipping days of it. He claims he's not happy, though. He said business was never his thing and that he wants to go back to painting and being an artist. I told him if he can't handle it then he can resign, I'd totally be fine with it. He claims he's not ready to give up all the money his uncle offers him.

Tomorrow's our second year anniversary. I can't believe it's already been two years since we started dating, two years. I'm twenty-five and he's twenty-nine, I already feel old. I'm glad it's with Andrew, though. At this moment, I'm more than happy to have Andrew in my life. He's the only one who's been able to tell me his feelings without being ashamed, hell, he's the only one to fully accept me for me. He's the only one who didn't pressure me to stop smoking. Which I still do by the way.

It all started with a university class.

I am glad tomorrow occurs on the weekend because I'd be so sad if I had to work on such day. Christian and I never celebrated our anniversaries, we'd just say happy anniversary and we're done. On the other hand, Andrew likes to celebrate it, last year we went to France for the weekend. It was his first time there. He knew some basic french, like how to know directions and stuff like that. His accent's so American, though. It was a really nice trip.

I'm currently in line at the grocery shopping, boring I know. Angelina is now supposedly napping after kindergarten. I had to enroll her somewhere, she's been getting way too lonely by her own and I thought she needed to make more friends, learn some basics. At least, before her father graduates and asks to take her from me. I'm thinking about a lot in the same time, oh my god.

I'm back from grocery shopping, but I don't think Andrew noticed. He's in our room, talking on the phone, he's not talking English, though. Despite the fact that I don't understand whatever he's saying, his tone seems worried and sad. And I guess he caught me, because I think he is now ending his call.

"Is everything alright?" I ask him, taking a bite of my green apple.

"Yeah, it was just Karla, she was checking up on us." He replies, smiling. That is such a fake smile. "Can I have one of your cigarettes, please?" That is so weird of a question.

"What on earth, Andrew? Are you okay?" I'm so worried, he's never asked for my cigarettes. Maybe like once, but he was drunk and I didn't give him shit.

"I'm fine, Jessica, really. We're both happier than ever, what could go wrong?" He says, I can notice his voice got higher. Something's going on and he's just being stoical.

"You know Andrew, I won't judge you for anything. What's going on?" I raise my eyebrows, hoping for a good answer. Why is he acting as if he's done drugs and cannot work anymore?

"I have to go back to New York tomorrow. Happy?" He snaps, heading to our coffee table where his laptop is.

"What? Why?" I'm so confused now. Two hours ago, we were talking about getting new furniture, now he's just leaving.

"My uncle died." He answers, sighing. "Someone has to take care of the company, and I'm pretty sure he didn't write Karla as an heir."

"I'm so sorry for his loss." I sit down next to him. "So you're just going to leave, tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow's his funeral, so I guess I'll leave tonight." He says, looking at his laptop. This is so sad. The thing is, I don't know whether he's sad because he's loosing his uncle or because he's forced to work in the business sector again. I hug him, and we remain silent for a while.

A little secret no one needs to know, Andrew did book cover design instead of business at Elliot's firm. Ellis agreed not to tell his uncle about this, because Andrew did have pretty good ideas. And basically, now that his uncle's dead, he's forced to do business, again.

"Jessica, can I ask you for a favor?" He looks at me straight in the eyes. I nod. "I don't care how crazy that sounds, but I want you to come with me to New York. I cannot live without you."

"Andrew, I can't just quit in one day," I exclaim, shocked. I would love to, but he can't just ask me to give up on everything I have in here, in like one tiny day.

"Does that mean we should break up?" He questions, sad. I hate how pessimistic he gets when upset.

"Andrew, no. We can work it out long distance for a while, and then, if I find a good job in New York, I'll come right away." I answer. I hope the job hunt there will be easier this time, I mean I've got more experience now. 

"I can get you a job," he exclaims, sort of excited. That sounds like a super crazy idea but let's see what he's got. "You can work at my uncle's firm, my firm now. I can give you any position you want."

"Andrew, you do realize if your uncle needed an employee, he will have hired someone long ago." I tell him, looking at him straight in the eyes to make sure he's okay.

"Okay, we can hire you as an extra employee and I'm pretty sure when the years pass, you'll be a manager in no time." He states, smiling at his genius idea. He's way too excited, I can't turn him down.

"Andrew, let's talk about this later." I show him a weak smile and get up. "I'll go wake Angelina up so you can say goodbye, okay?"

"Sure." He clenches his jaw, sort of upset at my reaction. Well, if I've learned anything the past years, I know for sure that you can't make a life changing decision when in grief or hyper excited.

I get up and head to Angelina's room, I'll miss Andrew a lot. I don't know how I'll have to survive single parenting alone, now that he's helped me for over a year. It'll workout, I know I can do this, I'm an independent woman with a great job.

This is going to be a tumultuous time of my life.