48.

"Jessica, Lana used to be my classmate in The Institute of Art." Andrew says, smiling. His smile is fake, though.

"What're you fighting about, then?" I look at both of them.

"When I was young, I was way too devoted to art, and she's pissed that I sort of stopped Art." He answers. I don't think it's Lana's business of whatever he's doing but okay, I guess.

"Lana, kindly go back to work." I sigh, disappointed. She technically wasted like ten minutes of her day, maybe even more, just to talk about university with Andrew. I don't know why Hitchcock even hired her.

"Fine." She rolls her eyes and leave.

"No wonder you were rude to her yesterday." I sit down in front of him.

"How was the meeting with Angelina's teachers." He asks, changing subjects again are we?

"She describes you as her father." I sigh, "they wish to meet her actual father."

"Not my fault she likes me." He smirks, really Andrew? Really? "She's not the only one."

"I'm leaving, I have like three reports to look at and edit." I stand up.

"Gimme my good morning kiss." He makes a kid voice. I give him a peck on the lips and leave.

I just finished my lunch break and I'm heading back to my office. I didn't have lunch with Andrew since he had a work lunch with some other Haddads. I walk to my section and notice the existence of a person whose age doesn't allow to even work here, and guess which desk he's at, Lana. There's a kid, who I can say is seven or maybe even eight, what the fuck is he doing here. I approach him, and he seems scared.

"Good afternoon, may I ask, what're you doing at Lana's desk?" I ask him, looking down since he's so short.

"Uh, I came here with mo-I mean Lana since no one's free to babysit me," he seems so paranoid. He suddenly starts coughing.

"Okay. Sit down and breathe," I get him her chair out. "Don't lie to me. Is Lana Hashem your mother?" He nods. Okay Lana you just hit your second strike, one more and she's fired.

"We have kids at work now?" Lisa asks me, scoffing.

"Lana's kid." I roll my eyes, sit down and put my hand on my forehead, "she's definitely Hitchcock's type, unprofessional and rude."

Yes. Hitchcock was rude as fuck, I used to be considered as his maid, I'd get him coffee and even pick up his laundry sometimes. I'm glad I'm done with him.

"Let me guess, Lana's got a meeting?" Lisa says and I nod. "How many strikes does she have before a warning from Haddad?"

"One." I sigh, I seriously cannot wait for that to happen. "Anyway, how's your day going?"

"Let's forget about my day now, someone's here to get scolded." Lisa replies, pointing at Lana. Oh dear god be with me. "I've got to leave, see you later."

"Lana," I stand up, again, "may I ask, is today the bring your children with you day?"

"Miss Styles, I'm so sorry, it's just Anthony has a cold and-" She starts and I finish for her.

"You couldn't find a babysitter?" I scoff. "I have a daughter myself, and when I don't find her a babysitter, I take her to a daycare center. It's none of my business if you have poor organization skills."

I know this was harsh but she won't learn unless under threat. I remember when I was struggling not to be late from UCLA when Angelina was new there. I could say New York is very different from California.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Andrew appears and probably notices the young kid. I look at Anthony again, something is familiar about him, I just don't know what it is. Maybe it's his eyes.

"Not my problem to justify." I grab my laptop, "Now if you excuse me, I have a meeting to attend."

"Angelina, how was ballet practice?" Andrew asks just as Angelina and I return home.

"Hated it. I want to switch to basketball or guitar." Angelina pouts. She has gotten pretty stubborn now that she's in school and has friends. She has other people in here, which makes us spend less time together.

"We can do both." Andrew suggests as Angelina goes and hugs him. I wish her father was here this time, so bad. 

"Do not get her hopes up." I glare at him.

"Someone's grumpy today." He comments, "look, don't let Lana's weaknesses get you upset."

"Who's Lana?" Angelina asks, pulling out of her hug.

"New employee at work." Andrew answers before I could say anything. I take off my coat and walk to where mine and Andrew's bed exists.

"I'm going to nap for a while, have dinner without me." I inform them, closing Andrew and I's room's door.

It's been a month since that incident with Lana, and she's been working, not that hard but at least trying. I am currently walking in the firm with Andrew. It feels good, you know, being able to date him without fearing anyone finding out. It's fair and square, he doesn't give me any extra salary and I don't receive special treatment. I spot Lana in Andrew's office, what's she doing there?

"I'll see what she needs." Andrew clenches his jaw, "I'm going to see you at lunch. I love you."

"I love you. Goodbye." I smile at him and take my own lonely path.

"Good morning Miss Styles," Daniel, one of my employees salutes me, "can I talk to you about something?"

"Good morning Daniel, sure." I smile at him, putting my purse on my desk. Daniel is hardworking and very professional. "Is everything okay?"

"I have been doubting about Lana Hashem's skills." He tells me, looking at the notebook she hands in for her ideas, "I mean look, these ideas are merely going to get anyone to buy our new stethoscope, let alone the rest of our products."

Okay her doodles don't seem good but I guess she still isn't used to our techniques so I guess I'll have to get someone to talk to her.

"Daniel, I think you've noticed she's not my favorite employee, but give her a chance, if she still doesn't get her work straight, you know what we'll do." I inform him. "I'll talk to her."

I head into the lunch room to get myself some water and I decide to pass by Andrew's office, you know just to see how he's doing. And guess who's still in his office? Lana. Is there an affair going on between them or something? Because I swear I see her in his office way too often. Guess I'll have to get in.

"Andrew and Lana, is everything alright?" I try to seem concerned and not pissed or feeling cheated.

"Oh yeah, everything's fine." Andrew replies, looking away. Oh my, I'm going to die soon. "Lana was just asking me for some tips for our next marketing campaign."

"Andrew, just stop lying to the poor lady for fuck's sake." Lana snaps, I am shocked.

"Okay, fine, Jessica, there's something you have to know." Andrew announces. "You might want to sit down for this."

Okay, what the hell is going on?