44.

"And what makes you believe he's in this firm?" He asks me. I swear to god he's such a British version of Andrew.

"Don't fucking lie to me, Haddad." I cross my arms. "I know he's in here, desperate for a call from me."

That sounded mean, I should never talk like this again.

"Okay, this is a different Jessica from the one I know." He raises his eyebrows. "But fine, just because he loves you." Does he know about the bet?

"Thank you," I smile at him. I know now's not the perfect time to be nice to him, but let's give it a shot.

"Andrew, my office, now." He calls him, wow that's quick. "Want some scotch?"

"Nope." I refuse because I'm still sticking to being sober. It's been nine months since my breakdown about my grandfather's death.

"As you like." He shrugs.

"I'm here, anything wrong?" Andrew gets in. He lost so much weight in a month, damn.

"Miss Styles exclusively asked to talk to you," Ellis informs him. I just roll my eyes.

"Jessica? Is everything okay?" He gets closer to me and touches my face to make sure I'm fine.

"Everything is. Chill." My eyes widen. "Except, Angelina's mad at you."

"Why?" He asks, sitting down in front of me.

"May I know who's Angelina?" Ellis interrupts us.

"Not your time Ellis, not your time." Andrew keeps his focus on me. I still want to know who or what caused these bruises on his face. "Why's Angelina pissed?"

"My roommate, whom I tell everything, sort of told Angelina that we met. She's pissed because you didn't bother calling her." I tell him what happened.

"But, you-" he seems confused and I just interrupt him.

"I'll call my roommate now, who's babysitting Angelina, and just say you're sorry and we can get done with this." I just take out my phone.

"Anyone care to explain who's Angelina? It's my office for god's sake." Ellis interrupts us.

"She's my daughter," I answer him quickly as I dial Emilia's number. I put it on speaker just so I can know what's going on, on the other side.

"Jessica, if it's about your cigarettes, then no I didn't take them from your purse." She replies. I look in my bag, she took them. Andrew mouths to me, asking what's her name, I'm so stupid. I write Emilia on a paper as fast I can.

"Emilia, this is Andrew Haddad, and I was wondering if I can talk to Angelina." He starts.

"Oh, shit, don't tell her I took her cigarettes. But damn, Jessica was right when she said your voice is hot." She says, "little problem, Angelina's watching a basketball game and I know she wouldn't take off her earphones for a phone call. You're going to have to visit."

That bitch. What did I ever do to her so she does that?

"I don't know if Jessica will accept." Andrew notices I'm glaring at him.

"Remind her about the time she left my credit card on my desk and a student stole it." She tells him.

Really? Really? Are we serious?

"Fine." I sigh. "Now hang up."

"See you later, Emilia." Andrew hangs up. "Ellis, you don't tell Eric Cowell about this."

"Of course, I won't, you kidding me?" Ellis scoffs. "See you this evening."

"Don't consider this as forgiveness." I focus on the road.