22.

"I've got to tell you something too." He frowns, looking at his coffee. I take another sip of wine, and breathe in deeply. 

"I cheated on you." I start, not giving out any details. I don't know how to continue this, so I continue on drinking. 

"Jessica, this is what I wanted to talk about. Us." He says, his hand pacing back and forth between us. "I never wanted any of this to be serious, we were having fun, that's it. There's no relationship, nothing, it was a phase we both passed to get over our exes, and it helped." I'm so confused now, is he serious? 

"Summary of this, you were taking advantage of me because I broke up with a person I liked for two years?" I raise my eyebrows, looking at my empty glass that once had wine. 

"Jessica, we both took advantage of each other." He states, very serious. "Plus, you have a daughter, and I don't think I'm ready for that." I knew he'd freak out, that asshole. 

"Leave, please." I order, glaring. Played with, again. I'm sick of this. I ask the waiter to fill my cup, and I think that's how my day's going to pass. 

"Happy new year again, see you tomorrow." I fake a smile at my students and start packing, it's Wednesday, so last hour's juniors. As usual, Andrew got in first, but I wasn't in the mood to talk to him, since I am still hungover. That's the only negative part about drinking so far. 

"Jessica, you seem sort of upset of back to school." Andrew states, smirking and cutting off my thoughts. It is non of his business if I'm happy or grumpy. 

"Leave me alone." I roll my eyes, picking up my bag, putting on my sunglasses and walking out. Andrew, of course, decides to interrupt me by holding my arm. "Andrew, not in the mood." He removes his hand and lets me leave. I head to my car, unlock it and get in. Before I go home, I think I'll drink some beer. Tyler apparently didn't go out of his dorm, he's stressed, but he promised to go tomorrow. 

And I've arrived to my apartment's door, great. I get the keys out and insert them through the door, unlocking it. I get in, not really processing what's going on. Andrew's here, playing with Angelina and Carmel just casually reading a newspaper. 

"Oh, you're here early." I state, drunkenly laughing. Carmel looks pissed, very. Andrew looks at me and he seems confused. No one on campus really knows I'm drinking, just like they didn't know I smoked, except of course Andrew, the smoking part. 

"Mommy, were there lots of cars in the street today too?" Angelina asks, still playing with whatever game she has in hand. Lots of cars in the street is traffic, I lie and say traffic whenever I go drink. Angelina's lived with her drunk father, but I'm nothing like him, I don't beat her up or talk rudely to her. 

"Yes, lots and lots of them." I laugh again, and this time Carmel stands up and gets closer to me. I know she thinks alcohol will affect my behavior, but really, it's not. 

"Jessica, my room, now!" She whispers, utterly angry, like she loathes me or something. I fake a smile at Andrew and head to Carmel's room, I don't think the door needs to get shut so I don't. "Why the fuck are you drinking at this time of the day? You know your daughter wouldn't appreciate that, and that you have a student to tutor today. Why?" 

"Carmel, I'm fine, everything's good, I don't abuse her." I say, rolling my eyes and pouting. 

"Jessica, you started this the moment you went to Washington. Let me tell you, alcohol will ruin your life, and I know this most, since I had a drunken boyfriend who took all my money. Good luck econ talking." She snaps, and leaves the room. I get out, and look at Angelina, she seems happy. No Carmel, sorry, I'm continuing drinking, for my good, I need an escape.