27.

"Jillian, out there, is my girlfriend." Peter starts. I sit down, this is going to take some time.

"Yeah you've already told me." I roll my eyes.

"She thinks Andrew is your boyfriend. You were at Carmel and Alex's wedding, and he came for Angelina. So she assumed he is." He clarifies a little.

"May I ask," I start, rolling my eyes, "why the fuck didn't you tell her he's my friend, or maybe even my student?" I'm so pissed at the moment, Andrew and me, that's never happening.

"He didn't stop her when she was talking to him. I tried, okay?" He snaps.

"Another question, why does she think I live with him?" I look at him straight in the eyes.

"Well, look, I really wanted to tell you about that. She was supposed to arrive at eight, but Jil changed to the earlier flight. I was about to tell you to go to this hotel with Angelina for two weeks until she leaves." He sighs, really, that's all he has?

"You're doing anything just so she thinks you're still stable right?" I say, not able to know what to feel.

"Jessica, my adoptive parents were very rich in Australia. I cannot change that reputation and look poor in here, they don't deserve it." He explains. Oh my, he really loved them.

"Fine, guess I got to go." I stand up, and head to the door.

"One more thing," Peter interrupts me, holding my hand. I sigh and sit down again. "She wants us to have a dinner together."

"Oh dear God what did I do to get this." I wonder, shoving my face into my hands. "Can I say Andrew is too busy and we'll be good?"

"Jessica, Jillian is my boss' daughter. Please, I need to show her I'm good in the US." He pleads.

"She's not American. How come is her father your boss?" I ask him, crossing my arms.

"I only changed branches, not the hospital itself." He explains.
"Please, I don't want to get fired."

"I'll talk to Andrew." I tell him. I cannot lie to him, or promise him something I'm not sure of.

We head out of the room, and I hold my purse.

"It'll be better if you get a dermatologist's consultation for this. It doesn't seem dangerous, but still." Peter says, looking as honest as he can.

"I will soon. Now if you excuse me, I have to get to my boyfriend's house or else he'll consider me dead." I fake laugh, this is such a horrible joke.

"Good afternoon Jessica." Andrew opens the door, smiling. "How was the wedding?"

"Great, except one thing's wrong." I act mysterious, getting inside, Angelina slept, awesome time to scold him.

"Oh really? What's up?" He knots his eyebrows and crossed his arms.

"How awkward will it be if you just broke up with someone and your sibling asks you to fake date a friend?" I ask, staring at him.

"On a scale out of ten, I'd say like a six or something." He shrugs. I don't say anything, I just sit on the couch. I wait for him to process another answer. He then widens his eyes, an apparent realization hit him. "Oh, you're talking about the thing with your brother's girlfriend, shit."

"She wants us to have dinner, like a double date or something." I sigh. I unlock my phone, to check if I've got any notifications. New documents to hand to my boss, great.

"I wouldn't mind if you don't of course." He states, looking at his phone as well. "You want a cupcake? It's egg-free."

"Yeah I'll have one please." I say, smiling at him.