9.

Earl gets in, and smiles when he sees me. I'm sort of pissed because these purely look like some woman's underwear, because I know the only woman in here is me, and that definitely isn't my size, and green is definitely not my color for underwear. 

"Earl, may I ask a question?" I couldn't handle thinking anymore, I needed answers, like right now. 

"Go ahead." He shrugs, he seems to not having to notice I'm pissed, am I that opaque? 

"Whose underwear is this?" I ask him, trying to calm myself down. 

"Oh fuck," He starts, his jaw dropping. "It's my girlfriend's, she must've forgotten it while she was changing." 

"Why on earth would she change in Christian's room?" I narrow my eyes and my eyebrows knot. 

"I had ink all over my room because my machine got fucked up, and she didn't want her clothes to get stained or anything." He says, looking at me directly in the eye. 

"Oh." Is all I got the ability to say. 

"What the fuck happened to this?" He questions, pointing at my ankle. 

"Twisted it while going up the stairs." I answer as brief as possible. "Christian went to get a doctor." 

"Oh that's gonna take a while. He has told me about the whole UCLA thing." He declares. "He's pissed but I asked him where'd he be if he didn't work." 

"And what did he say?" I raise my eyebrow. 

"Streets of Italy." Earl shrugs. "So I told him you'd be in the street of NYC without a job and he got it and the story's over." 

"She's right over here." I hear Christian's voice saying, and the door knob opening the door. 

Earl stands up and storms out of the room, leaving Christian, the doctor and I in the room. 

The doctor looks so much like Christian, like I'm scared. He looks older though, same nose, same look, slightly shorter and a little less athletic. He had green eyes, unlike Christian. I have only met his grandmother and sister, but they looked nothing like him. I'm amazed by the resemblance. 

"Let's see what's wrong with you, Jessica." He gives me an apologetic smile and gets closer. 

"Please tell me she's fine." Christian touches my hand, a sparkle of hope jumping out of his eyes. 

"Sorry bro, it's definitely twisted." The doctor says, touching my ankle which hurt like hell. "Can you tell me what has happened?"

The only thing I shall guess is that they sort of know each other, I don't know. I look at Christian in confusion and hope for an answer. 

"Oh Jessica, I haven't told you," He starts, rubbing the back of his neck. "This is Tristan, my brother, he's a doctor if you haven't noticed. The one that got married in February." 

"Oh." I nod. "I was going up the stairs and I confused a stair from another and here's where we're currently are." 

"Look, what I'm going to do is going to hurt, okay?" Tristan looks at me, hoping he's reassuring me. 

My ankle is twisted, I'll have to stay like this for a minimum of 3 days and we'll have to check up. I feel sort of disabled, you know? Christian's at work and Earl's sleeping, and I cannot move. Guess I'll have to use my phone, which I haven't since last night. I text Hannah and Oscar about the whole twisted ankle thing and decide to call mom, since she's currently in Paris and it's not so early. I had to wait two rings before she answers. 

"Jessica, hello!" Mom says, seeming so excited. 

"Mom, how are you?" I ask, smiling at the fact of hearing her voice.