15.

"Jake, has been drinking so much lately, and he didn't really take care well of her." Mom declares, looking very sad. 

"What the fuck? I don't pay him to get drunk." I say, mad. "What happened?"

"He has been very violent with her, very violent that she's in the hospital, passed out." Dad tells me, as mom cries. 

"I'll go book a trip to London, see you soon." I close my eyes, disappointed, ready to hang up. 

"No Jessica, don't. I promise you she's going to be fine and you'll see her by Christmas." Mom objects.

"But-" I start. 

"No buts, one week and you'll see her, I promise." She reassures me. "We'll be going to court tomorrow to change custody, it'll have to be on yours." 

"Of course it'll have to be on mine, I'm taking her to live with me in Los Angeles whether Jake likes it or not." I snap. "Mom, if anything happens to her, I'm going to die."

"Don't worry, she'll be fine, hopefully." Mom tries to fake a smile.

"Mom, I'll be calling you all like crazy, okay?" I announce. "I don't give two shits about money at the moment, what's important is that she's going to be fine." 

"Sure thing Jessica." Dad says, hugging mom. "Now, go sleep, everything's going to be okay." 

I hang up, very unsure. I start praying that she'd be good. First Kristen, then Angelina, no please. I can't sleep, I can't really do anything but pray. And that's what I do all night, pray and hope all my sins get forgotten. This day has been really intense I can't cope with everything anymore. 

And it's already 6 a.m., all I've done tonight is cry and pray, but it's a new day, and I'm going to survive and everything's going to be okay. I wear a black knee-length dress, and some matching heels. I put as much make up as it takes to make me not look super sick and sleepless. I don't take coffee today, I'll just drink there or something. The ride in the cab is peaceful, as I take a look at my phone, I've blocked Christian from everything, so he can't really call me anymore, mom has been texting me about Angelina. She's still passed out, but the doctor says she'll wake up soon. I'm sick of everything, and I start my classes with juniors, oh my. 

I haven't talked to any of the teachers today, and I don't think I will, so no one's commented about my hair, which I'm glad about. Students still have ten minutes till their first class starts, and the door already opens, Andrew. I don't tell him anything, I just hand him my chair and look at pictures of Angelina. I can notice his gaze on me, but I couldn't care less if he likes what I did to my hair or not, it's my hair and my choices. The color's sort of odd for a teacher, but it's a nice one. 

"Good morning." He says, trying to ease the ambiance around us. 

"Morning." I look at him quickly and go back to my photos. I really don't want a conversation between the both of us, not right now. I look at my wristwatch, five minutes left. Smith calls me, but I really don't know what he'd want from me now, I'm sick of him. I guess I'll just answer, hope this goes good.

"Good morning." I start, sighing.

"Is this a right time?" He asks. As if he cared.

"I'll have the juniors in five minutes, so this better be quick." I roll my eyes. 

"Want me to pick you up after your classes and we'd go have lunch together or something?" He sort of tried to make this quick. Since when does he listen to me?

"Yeah, okay." I accept, I need something to keep me off this drama. "Gotta go." I hang up, and the pupils get in. I fake a smile at each of them and they all stare at me, more of my hair.