II

Narrative

Narrative

"Where does your father keep the spices, megumi?" You asked looking back at the small boy who sat in the chair tapping on the table.

Megumi pointed at the very top cabinet, above the stove. You looked at the cabinet and opened it. "Thank you!" You grabbed the spices you needed for the meal. It wasn't much though. The man's refrigerator was filled with mostly water and leftovers which was a bit off, but you didn't judge.

"Do you want cheese on your omelette?" You asked. You heard a slight hum of agreement come from behind you.

After finishing the omelette for megumi and yourself, you placed the plate in front of him and smiled. He furrowed his eyebrows at the meal in front him, confused on what it was and why it was shaped like it was.

He looked back up at you confused. "What's wrong? You haven't seen an omelette before?" You asked. He shook his head. He knew what an omelette was, but he didn't know why it looked like that.

You smiled softly, grabbing his utensil and cutting it into small pieces just in case he didn't like it.

"If you don't like it, I'll fix you something else."

You gave his utensil back to him and began to eat your meal. He watched as you dug in and ate with no problem. It didn't look that bad, and watching you eat it seemed like it was alright.

The boy picked a piece of the food and examined it before putting it into his mouth. His eyes lit up and began eating more. You giggled at him eating his food like he hadn't eaten in days. "Is it good, megumi?"

He nodded quickly and nearly finished his whole plate.

"Slow down now megumi, you'll get a tummy ache" you warned. Your words did not stop him, for he had already finished and was ready for more.

"You want more?" You asked. He nodded his head in delight. You didn't wanna waste any of toji's eggs, so you cut your omelette in half and gave him the untouched part.

(A/n: COVID DON'T EXIST UP IN HERE 😤🤚)

He smiled softly and dug right in, finishing it in a matter of minutes.

Once the both of you were done with your food, you gave megumi something to drink and sent him on his way.

"Call me if you need anything," you said watching him run upstairs.