XVI

(That last update was pretty shitty, so here's a better one :))

Narrative

Your thoughts continued to ponder as you stood with near the stove with a cake covered spatula in your hand. You couldn't help but think about what Toji had asked you. You didn't really have any plans for thanksgiving and you didn't really feel like wearing Toji's clothes again. Before you could think of anything else, Megumi stood beside you on the chair he had pulled up. His fingers gripping your shirt causing you to break from your thoughts and come back to your senses.

"Hmm?" You ask looking down at him. Megumi held his hand out towards the spatula. You gave it to him so that he could stir the mixed up cake batter, but saw him dazed by the chocolate cake batter in the bowl. You giggled at his state. You took your finger and dipped it into the batter, showing it to Megumi before licking it off your finger humming at the dewy goodness.

Megumi was amazed and placed his finger near the batter but hesitated at first. He looked up at you with his doe like eyes as if he was asking for permission to dip his hand into the chocolate bowl. You nodded, "go ahead, you can have some sweetheart." You beckoned.

The small child soon dipped his finger inside of the bowl, letting the chocolate drip from his finger and in the bowl. Suddenly, Megumi stuck his finger into his mouth and hummed at the taste. He took his finger out of his mouth and attempted to put his finger back into the bowl. "Aht aht, no. Don't do that. You don't double dip Megumi, that's nasty." You warned. Megumi took his finger back, feeling bad that he got in trouble for trying to double dip his finger into the chocolate bowl.

Huffing at him as he looked down at his, you took the rubber spatula and gave it to him. Megumi held the spatula in his hand and saw it was covered in the chocolate. His eyes widened and took the spatula into his mouth and went along his merry way. You smiled and watched him leave with the spatula still in his mouth.

After finishing the cake, finishing dinner, and cleaning up the kitchen, you decided to get yourself and Megumi ready for bed. The child had managed to take the cake bowl and spatula to his room without you looking. You were surprised to see him sitting on the floor of his room with chocolate cake residue surrounding his mouth and lips.

"Megumi..." You sigh in defeat earning a small giggle from Megumi who just stood up with the bowl and spatula in his hands, handing them to you. You shook your head and took the dishes away from megumi, going back downstairs to clean them all.

Once you were done, you tried your best to convince Megumi to sleep in his own bed but he would follow you to the guest bedroom with his favorite story in his hands. As tired as you were, you read the story to him and he had finally went to sleep... in the guest room of course.

After finally putting Megumi to sleep, you managed to pry from his grasp and head over to Toji's office to say goodnight. As you reached his office, you knocked a few times before letting yourself in. Toji was no where to be seen.