III

Narrative

Narrative

The last few days were just like always. Going to toji's home, watching over Megumi, playing with Megumi, then bidding your goodbyes as you left for the night. There was nothing wrong with it, though you still felt a little uneasy with how things went down on your first day babysitting.

you came back to the fushiguro residence and noticed that Megumi was in the house all by himself, leaving toji no where to be found as always.

As soon you opened the door, you were greeted with Megumi running up to you and reaching for your hand.

You grabbed his hand and smiled.

"Good morning, Megumi. I assume you want another omelette?" You asked. The boy pulled you to the kitchen and sat in his regular spot ready to eat. You chuckled at this new behavior between you two.

You got everything you needed to make the omelette. Before you could crack the egg, you heard a chair being pushed against the floor. You looked back and saw Megumi pushing the chair next to you.

You laughed at him as he struggled to get up the chair. Shaking your head, you picked him up and placed him on the seat.

"I guess you wanna watch me make the omelette" you tilted your head at him. Megumi nodded placing his hands on the counter so he could get a better look.

The small boy watched in awe as you flipped the omelette over to the side.

It was like magic to him. He looked up at you with bright eyes and smiling softly. You looked down at him and returned the smile.

You put the seasonings needed for the omelette, then set it aside for it to cool.

As you turned your back to put everything away, you heard a small cry from next to you. You set your eyes on Megumi, who held the hot omelette in his hands and a piece of the omelette in his mouth.

"Megumi, no!" You rushed over to him, picking up the omelette and setting it back on the plate.

He looked up at you with teary eyes. You sighed softly picking him up and placing him on the counter.

"You gotta wait megumi, it's still hot. Once it cools down, you can have it" you cooed as you tended to his small injury on his hands. He nodded in agreement while tears fell down his face.

After his omelette cooled down, you gave it to him to eat.

Once he was finished, he went to go play. But before he went, he grabbed a piece of small paper and handed it to you.