Should I Love You Again?

"I'm Just Another Promise You Couldn't Keep."

(P.S. This is Beynika 😂)

Onika's POV

Joy shooting straight through my veins, filling me up as my lover placed this diamond ring on my finger. A smile, an excited one placed on my face causing my cheeks to hurt but I didn't care. This was such a special moment.

Once in a lifetime moment.

Who knew this is the sweetest feeling ever? Having your true lover ask you to be theirs forever.

The dim lights above us twinkled with delight in the restaurant we sat in. Strangers who were in here with us clapped for us, happy for two people they knew from nowhere.

Strangers are the ones to give you the most love and support rather than family sometimes. It's hard to believe but it's simply true.

The Bajan Beauty in front of me smiled in satisfaction, happy that I've accepted her. Her fully tatted hands held me before pulling me into a hug.

I've never been this happy and felt settled in life. In this moment, I felt like a fat kid who was in a cake store. Just pure happiness filling my soul.

"I promise to love you forever sweetheart," Her voice said....

Since she's placed this ring on my finger, I couldn't take my eyes off of this shiny bling.

"Y-you sure baby?" I suddenly asked... I'm surprised by my own words.

Silence took over. It took her a while to answer and with each second I felt fear creeping in my heart.

"Of course my love," Robyn's voice finally said.

A breath I didn't know I was holding finally released out of my mouth.

Soon, you guys will have pure understanding on why I asked if she's sure about loving me forever......

Just five months into our engagement, life seemed fun but a bit stressful at times. How madly and deeply in love I am with Robyn, I'm almost a blind soul who doesn't realize the truth in front of me.

I've told family and friends about our engagement, they seem delighted. Surprised.... but delighted.

I'm obsessed with my Bajan lover. Everything about her makes my heart and lady part tingle.

I'm scared to say that she has changed ever since she proposed to me. A bit distant but I scowled at myself , not wanting to think anything of it.

Perhaps this whole wedding planning is a bit overwhelming for her. It may be something else though...... but no, I'll just continue to blame it on our upcoming wedding.

She doesn't touch me anymore. Barely even looks at me. I'm a bit lost, very much confused on what's her deal.

Comes home late and when I would ask where she has been, a simple response like "I was working overtime," or "Discussing about our wedding ideas with the family," was the answer she would give me.