Chapter 2 | Karma

After convincing the girl with loads of promises she finally accepted with hesitation.

Karma is bitch, it's haunting me now for my bad deeds. And now Zaarib suffer with your mouth shut.

"Why are you holding my hand?" the girl beside me raises her eyebrow as I walk out of my room with her 'hand in my hand' twined together "Obviously to make it obvious" I roll my eyes but hear her huff.

I gulp walking towards our living room only to stumble upon over whole Inaya's family staring at us, not in a judging way but giving me a pitty look and I so want to transfer the same look towards Inaya, since I know more than me she is going to be in trouble and I feel way too guilty for dragging her into my mess.

I forcefully smile at them while taking my seat on the couch beside Zahid, Inaya's younger brother who is eyeing our now intertwined hand, my heart is thumping against my rib cage out of nervousness and I am hell nervous.

Gulping my saliva I take a peek to see if Zain, Inaya's older brother is watching us and to my greatest displeasure he is and that to not at us but at our intertwined hands.

I tighten my hold on Inaya but she hides it in between our thighs only to pull my hand away with much force since I am not leaving.

When she was successful in doing so, I rub my palm feeling anxious.

From the glare and confused look Zain is giving me, I can already see my coffin in front of my eyes.

Ya Allah just save my handsome face. I don't want to meet you with an ugly face.

"They must be arriving soon" my mom breaks the awkward silence with an excited tone "Farida you need to think twice of what you're doing, you know—" mama cuts off Inaya's mom as soon as possible when my favourite aunt is trying to help me.

"I have thought and it's my final decision...Zaarib is getting engaged now" Sorry? I look at her with eyes going wide same goes for Inaya who is looking as shocked as me.

Engaged, No! I will seriously cry I am telling you!

"Mom engagement? Mom, I am not getting engaged" she turns her head only glare at me and I do not hesitate to return one.

Seriously what happened to her? What is she trying to do? Kill me with this unexpected news?

"I didn't ask, your opinion" I click my tongue, anger rushing up through my vines "You didn't ask for my opinion? Oh I thought you were talking my engagement, since my opinion is not needed I'll leave the place" I stand up ready to leave this awful place but my mother stops me.

"Zaarib! I am your mother and you should listen to what I say!" I know she is my mom and I respect her and I love her so much that she can't even imagine but not this, I can't marry anyone she tells me to, that's ridiculous.

"And this is my final decision you are getting engaged today, did you get that?" She glares at me but none of that affects me since my hatred for that girl is much more than my mom's rubbish.

"Mom it is my final decision too I am not getting married to that girl...and you have no rights to force me on doing something which I am against" She takes a step forwards her eyes filled with rage hearing me talking so calmly "And May I know the reason why you are so against it?" I lick my lips feeling out of words?