Chapter 39 | Adorable

"So... your gonna graduated in few weeks, are you planning on studying further?"

My hands does not stay silent, I play with her tiny fingers while patiently waiting for her to answer. She nibbles on her lower lips looking at me hesitantly and that makes me raise my eyebrow "Is it important to study further?" she blinks cutely and I don't know what to say.

"I mean you took meds so it must be your dream to become a doctor right?" I speak logically but she shakes her head "No...I just wanted to see myself in that white coat and a stethoscope around my neck with my name pinned up as Dr.Inaya Malik. I have got those two things but getting those two letters in front of my name is so difficult. I won't be able to study more." Is this girl serious?? She studied day and night just to give up after under graduating for four years.

"Inaya you've worked hard for four years, you've studied day and night the last few months you were locked up in the room for your finals and now you are giving up when you are just one step away to become a doctor?" she pouts after hearing me.

"its not as easy as you are saying, I need to study for next 7 years. 7 years Zaarib to become a licensed doctor. It takes 10 to 14 years to become a licensed doctor, I know you must be thinking why I chose to study this when I know how difficult it is...before I didn't know I was going to marry you, before I didn't know I will be happily married, I just wanted to become successful and medicals was something I wanted to study. But now I feel like if I study further I am gonna waste next 7 years in books when I can make a family with you and enjoy with your money" I chuckle at her unreasonable childish answer.

"Don't laugh at me!! Those thick books are nightmares you are not in my shoes so don't laugh at me" I only laugh more when she whines and yells "You should have thought about that before choosing this field idiot" she pouts when I flick her forehead playfully.

"Yeah I should have chosen interior designing or something like that...this study only brings hair fall" she curses under her breath and I giggle uncontrollably pulling her closer "okay...but what are you going to do after this" she makes an irritating face and I questioned her again to irritate her.

"There is something called being a housewife but since you don't know that, I am gonna become a bodyguard-no not body guard maybe a spy, because my Zaariba do you think I close my eyes and ignored the fact that you were roaming around with you upper buttons open giving everyone a haram view of your toned chest hmm?" she glares at me and I laugh out loud more at her adorable angry face. But couldn't help from cringing when she callls me Zaariba.

I look down at myself only to realise that I was seriously roaming around with my upper buttons undone.

Well, the weather is hot so not my fault.

Inaya's pov

I glare at the guy who is laughing like a manic and who thinks I am having a ted talk here, I am serious can't he see the serious look on my face why the hell is he laughing?? I want him to be scared not laugh. I am gonna run towards the bathroom and whine now.

I do not change my stern expression but keep my forehead ceased together and I try to flare my nostrils to look angry but I know I am looking ugly as hell. He laughs more when I scrunch my nose feeling odd, letting out a giggle I quickly cover my nose feeling embarrassed and shy seeing him laugh like that.

"Jokes apart listen to me now" When I point my index finger at him he presses his lips together but nods obediently "You wear suit boot and leave the house as if you are a disciplined boy but here, something else is going on...so I am planning on becoming your personal secretary who will be by your side and eye you 24 into 7" I nod to myself, but  mentally couldn't help but cringe on my own words, I look like an obsessed bitch.