Chapter 22 | Upset

"Mamma!!" Inaya yells while she struggles to stay above the water, and my heart literally faints and leaps out of my chest when I see her drowning and it get even worse since I know she has a phobia of deep water.

I throw the towel which I was using few second ago carelessly on the floor before rushing towards the girl whose hands are only in view.

- Inaya's pov -

I struggle to breathe when panic hits me and the attack nears me as I slap my hand trying to get a hold of something but already can imagine my death.

I don't want to die so soon!! I have many things to do in my life!

My heart thumping against my chest is making it even worse for me to breathe, I yell for mamma since she is the only one I can see in my mind.

I slap my hand like a bird to stay up but nothing was working. I swallow the dirty water to breathe, my eyes are burning and I am not able to see anything.

"Mamma!" I cry out but no one came to help me, I am scared and I feel like my death line is near and I am repeating verses in my mind so I go straight to Jannah.

Those Few seconds of drowning alone which felt like minutes and hours came to an end when someone pulls me above the water by my waist and towards their body, my chest heaving up and down as I catch my breath.

"Ya Allah!" I wrap my arm around that person's body not caring that I am totally clinging on to them "Calm down sweetheart, calm down" when I hear Zaarib's honeyed voice, I only tighten my hold without feeling uncomfortable now "Zaarib I will die!" I yell into his ear while hiding my face in the crook of his neck "We will die!" I tell him what I am feeling but he reacts calmly his hand rubbing my back to soothe me. My gasp for breathe still feeling like I am drowning.

"I am taking you to the corner, don't get scared" he warns me and I nod while I grip his shoulder, afraid to go deep in the water and drown and die.

"Zaarib!! Water is calling us!! We will die" I yell like a madwoman when I feel my body floating, I hurry to encircle his waist with my legs and I crush him without wanting to.

"You're not dying, calm down" I can not calm down damnit! I am hallucinating, I see water calling me, I see death in front of my eyes.

I shut my eyes close while sobbing on his shoulder, he grips my waist and pulls me up and I feel like sitting on something so I open my wet eyes to see myself seated on the corner of the pool, I quickly pull my leg up so I don't stay inside or touch the water.

"Inaya!" mamma cries pulling me in her arms but my eyes are on Zaarib who is still in the water he combs his wet hair back "come out! Don't stay in" I cry while calling Zaarib who I think will die if he stays inside.

He with so much ease jumps out and walks towards me, few seconds ago I only wanted mamma and now I only want Zaarib, like a kid I ask him to hold me with my glistening eyes and he being the great reader without wasting any time he bends down and mama quickly moves aside to give him some space.

I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arm under my waist and my knees to hold me securely, I hide my face in his neck while sobbing quietly the before seen not leaving my sight "shh it's okay you are fine now" he turns his head to look at me but I shake my head while sobbing on his shoulder.