Chapter 27 | Scared

Inaya's pov

I smile at the new couples who are looking way to happy that my heart is fluttering at their cuteness and I feel so happy for them but the wedding went with me being distressed throughout the ceremony because Zaarib still didn't arrive, it's been an hour he left. I don't know why I don't feel good not seeing him here.

The feeling of fear and unwanted nonsense is creeping through my skin.

I again call the guy who is not picking his phone and I glance again at the main door for the 100th time."The number your calling—" I curse under my breath but throw my phone on my lap feeling frustrated.

Please just come Zaarib.

"God Inaya...What's wrong with you? He must be here soon, stop worrying" Mamma rolls her eyes clearly telling me with her expression thar I am being dramatic, maybe she is used to it but I am not.

"He is not picking up my call" it is the 20th time my impatient ass is calling him "he must be driving Inaya" she speaks as she sits beside me so I let out a 'yeah'.

"Wooo!" Everybody cheers loudly when the groom does something which I cannot see from behind, the crowd is hiding everything.

"Go join them" Maama elbows me and pushes me to go enjoy the wedding vibes but I shake my head staying glued in my place.

I stay in my place while silently praying that Zaarib must be safe.

I swear I am so close to crying now, more than 2 hour has passed and still, there is no sight of Zaarib. I gulp down the salty tears to not cry so easily, didn't want to look like an idiot when he walks in those big doors all of sudden after disappearing for more than an hour for no reason.

I swear I will beat the hell out of him when I see him, he is still not picking my calls.

"Is he picking the call?" Farida aunty asks Ryan who shakes his head with worried expression on his face. I hold my phone tightly while looking down not able to meet anyone's eyes and if I do I am sure I'll become a crying mess.

I have a really bad habit of thinking and hallucinating, and My fucked up mind is only thinking of the chances of him getting into an accident, or worse what if he dies?

Ya Allah, Astaghfirullah!

Please come back, I don't want to cry in front of everyone.

I sit in the corner to not be around all of them who looks just as worried as I am  at the missing of someone who always brings a smile on everybody's face without doing anything.

"Oh God Finally! Bhabhi! He is calling!" Ryan yells for me and I without thinking twice rush towards the guy who is already crowded by the elders, happiness and relief rushing through my spine at the thought of him being in good stable sate.

I snatch the phone from Ryan's hold not even thinking it must look inappropriate since my mind is messed up, I do not think about how I should act in front of everyone.

I quickly slide the call up, while yelling right through the phone "Where the hell are you, you freaking idiot?! Do you even know how worried I am?!" I yell forgetting that I am making a scene and catching everyone's attention.