Chapter 16 | Hatred

Inaya's pov

I fix my shawl as I walk down the corridor in a hurry, they seriously gonna think I am an irresponsible brat. Gosh...it's all my hair's fault why it has to be so long?!

Okay okay it's me who is growing my beautiful hair with care but it always makes me late. Should I cut my hair till my waistline? Nah, that sounds scary. Forget it Inaya.

"Assalamu alaikum Bhabhi!" A gasp leaves my lips and I quickly take a 90 degree turn when my heart shakes up at their loud yell. I placed my hand on my chest trying my best to calm its fast beat.

Is it normal if people's heart flip and do summersaults when people label them as bhabhi?Goodness, the word bhabhi is making blush literally hard!

It makes me feel like I am someone's wife.

I am not even able to greet them back so I give them a nod while forcing a smile on my face but mumble a 'Walaikum salam to not look disrespectful.

I quickly take a seat beside Zaarib who is too much into his phone so I take a peek only to see some pdf being scrolled so I divert my attention towards my lap "You look beautiful bhabhi!" I hear Sabiha's loud voice. My insecure self does not allow me to believe that but I still give her a soft smile appreciating her kindness.

"Yes, this color suits you" a girl beside her who I remember as humaira speaks and she herself looks adorable "Um thank-you" I look down while fiddling my fingers feeling nervous around these new people.

"Did you sleep well bhabhi?" The annoying girl who I thought will keep her mouth shut speaks "yeah" I mumble but take a peek at Zaarib who is looking at me with a soft smile.

"Bhabhi?" Again with this bhabhi....For godsake this bhabhi is driving me crazy.

"Yes?" I look up to see Zaarib's cousin Fahad who is soon to be a groom walking towards us with a bright smile "We are leaving in few minutes I want you and Zaarib to come a week before my wedding did you get that" he cutely orders and I nod with a giggle "You are leaving already?"

"Yeah...next month is my wedding so we have lots of preparations to do" he gives me a smile and I nod understanding, I am so eager for his wedding they are literally planning this wedding for almost 3 months. I don't know how many diamonds they are going to hang in the name of flower in his wedding venue.

"Breakfast? Did you eat?" I question him didn't want him to leave empty stomach "yeah—" before he could speak another voice was heard "We all had our breakfast, We do not sleep till 10 in the morning like you do" I turn only to see Farida aunty also known as my mother in law standing few feet's away with her best fake smile plastered on her face.

And that smile tells she is so against this marriage.

"Oh okay" I nod but see her rolling her eyes at that, I can see the villain typical mother-in-law running towards my way to destroy my happy happy life.

"Yeah I am hungry let's eat" Zaarib stands and also pulls me with him by taking my hand in his "Yes you must be tired and hungry go eat" I again hear that women's voice but I do not understand the meaning behind that of course we are hungry but not tired I just woke why would I be tired? She seriously needs a brain check-up.

I peek at Zaarib who rolls his eyes but holds my small hand into his big one as he pulls me into the dining room.

"I feel like eating again! I'll join you guys" I hear few voices from behind and a smile makes its way on my lips feeling a little bit comfortable with them. They are kind.