Chapter 19 | long trip

~Two days later~

I bite my lower lip feeling nervous all of a sudden, with my oversized woollen t-shirt which reaches above my knee and my leggings in hand I walk towards Zaarib "hey" I let out a cough to clear my throat when it comes out ugly and deep maybe because I just woke up.

"Hey" I again speak and this time it comes out sweet and shy, he turns around when my sweet voice reaches his ears "yes?" he looks up and down and speaks "you did not change? you will get late for your college Inaya" he warns me while eying my pyjamas but speaks in a calm voice.

I nod but wave the dress which was in my hand "what is it?" he raises his eyebrow looking confused "Um my cousin said after marriage we cannot were these type of clothes" I pout while looking at my favourite pair of clothes which are comfortable as hell when wore. It covers our body completely and it is baggy baggy too which I love the most.

"What's wrong with these clothes?" he walks forward but takes my t-shirt from my hand "You know this look little modern wear, my aunty and cousin said after marriage we shouldn't wear these types of clothes, she said people eye them differently and um some people don't like when married women wear these clothes," I tell him about everything my aunty said but in a more appropriate way because she said husbands get upset and it turns them off and they don't like these types of clothes. When in my relationship their is nothing turned on to be turned off.

"Hmm" he throws the t-shirt on my face and I quickly catch feeling happy that I didn't miss the catch...small happiness you know.

"I don't want to see you with that aunty and your cousin again" he removes his apron which is covered with paint while speaking, he always paints after fajr and sometimes at night.

"huh? Why?" I question him with a confused frown resting on my face "Because they talk rubbish...I now understand why you were crying as if you're getting married to a murderer on the day of our wedding" he speaks in a low voice and I like an idiot stand there without understanding anything.

"What are you saying? I don't understand" I mumble but hear him sighing "Inaya you can wear whatever you like you don't have to ask me, okay? And this looks beautiful on you, just because your married your not changing your dress code. You wear what you like, stop thinking about what other's will say and if you really want my consent then, I love to see you in these clothes" he calmly speaks but his each and every word flutters my heart, I shyly nod feeling overwhelmed by his talk.

"Now go change up quickly, you don't want your teacher to fine you on your first day after a month, do you?" I quickly shake my head with a giggle but rush towards the washroom with a happy grin on my face.

"Call me when your classes ends" he stops the car near my college gate and I am already feeling excited to meet my friends after a month.

"Yes okay" I give him a smile before opening the door and I quickly fix my hijab securely on my head "enjoy" he cutely waves at me.

"Inaya!" I turn when I hear my name being called "hey" an excited grin already forming on my lips when I see Aliza jogging towards me "Finally after a month" she chirps loudly and quickly wraps her hands around my waist taking me into a hug.

I hug her back but see my other five friends in a distance who waves at me and I energetically do the same.

"You came with jiju" I choke on my saliva when I hear her referring Zaarib Ji--okay I feel awkward pronouncing that word, I peek at Zaarib who looks amused with a smile he hops out to not look disrespectful "Assalmu alaikum jeeju" not with these Jeeju now!! she smile at the young man who is brightly smiling as he greets her back "Walaikum asalam"