Chapter 28 | Tempting

"Yeah and Thankyou so much Ryan" I thank Zaarib's friend who is helping us a lot even though I know a he would shrug off that thank you since they both look like they are blood related-- anything for my bro type of relationship they have--but still I felt the need to thank.

Zaarib stays quiet and zoned out from the time he entered the room, maybe because he is tired so I do not question him but I see his eyes wandering to the right so I take a look to where he is staring only to find him staring at his canvaa which is his first love, the pang that hits my chest hurts when I see him nibbling his lips while down clueless and left out, he looks like he will cry anytime soon.

He is acting rough and tough when I know his inside is crying at the thought of not holding the brush for the next few months. Painting is something he loves to do since he was kid, and a mere thought of not being able to do something he loves again will surely shake anybody's heart and break any tough guy into pieces.

I do not question the obvious since I know he must be mentally praying for me to not ask questions which can hurt him or even if I console him it will only add salt to his wounds so I stay quiet.

I walk towards the closet to grab Zaarib's tee and pants to hand it over to Ryan who is still in his marriage attire.

He thanks me and I nod before questioning "are you hungry do you want me to make you something?" I question this kind guy who shakes his head "I am good and If I am hungry I will order so no need to make anything and you also look drained up so please take rest. But if your hungry please tell me I'll order for you now" he gives me a fond smile and I return one genuinely but deny his request since I have lost my appetite after seeing Zaarib, he then turns to leave to the guest room which I hope is clean.

I need a quick shower and I need to change this long frog, I am tired as hell a nice nap will only rest my bones which are cursing on me, let's not talk about how my back is planning a real murder on me.

-Next Morning-

"Good Morning husband, Assalamu alaikum!" I sing out loudly feeling like I should cheer this guy up from the moment he wakes up.

I lean forward to press my lips against his forehead very gently so I do not hurt him, he cutely rubs his eyes but hisses when he accidentally touched the wound which must be still fresh under the bandage.

I sit beside in the corner of the bed beside him as I bring my hand up to gently caress his hair "hmm" he hums and moans feeling good like always when I play with his hair.

"Now you need to get up, brush your teeth and then come back and take a seat here and you will be served a breakfast on bed" I grin at the guy who softly smiles.

"Where is Ryan?" He questions me about his friend first about whom I forgot to mention "he went back this morning right after fajar, he said he was not at all tired and they also need him there" he hums while closing his eyelids since he is not able to nod much.

"He must have arrive by now I guess" I calculate the time in my head while nodding "what time is it?" He softly speaks his deep voice which has become more manly and uneven because he just woke up reaches my ears and I quickly reply "11" He again hums while closing his eyes still looking tired and not having any plan to wake up. My hand unwillingly going up to caress his cheek and he leans against my touch so I do not stop.

Since I know how much he loves when someone shows him affection so I shower him with lots of love and affection he deserves.

He asks for my other hand and I without thinking twice place it on top of his left palm, he gently slides his fingers into mine to intertwine our hand, my heart fluttering and flipping at his sweet action he gently caresses his thumb on my knuckles.