A New Challenger

Scenario: The fight for (Y/N)'s affections continues.
Characters: Ayasegawa Yumichika, Ruri'iro Kujaku
(Y/N): Same as "Girls" chapter
Universe: Zanpakutō Rebellion arc

Random Chapter Thought: For being compared to peacocks, Yumi and Ruri sure are catty bitches.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺
The first thing (Y/N) heard when he walked in the house was muffled voices. He payed it no mind, thinking that it was just his dad and Ikkaku talking again and those two tend to get loud when their together.

But when he made his way towards the room and opened the sliding door, he was met with quite the surprise.

"Ah, Ruri!" (Y/N) cheered happily when his eyes met the colorful Zanpakutō spirit and jumped on him.

"Hahaha, you're as energetic as ever," Ruri'iro cradled the young man as though he was his own son. "and you've grown so much and that voice is so deep now! My little angel is shaping up to be such a handsome devil!"

"He's not your 'little angel', you walking clash of color." Yumichika grumbled bitterly. He wanted to cradle (Y/N) first.

Ruri'iro disregarded his master and rubbed the boy's cheeks. "Oh, even though you're growing well into a man, you still have so many boyish features. Plump cheeks, cute dimples, and such a wonderful smile! I bet you got all the girls jumping over mountains just to get a glance at you!"

"I don't know about all that~."

"Nonsense, I bet you have so many stories to tell! You just have to come to my Soul Room and spill all the details!"

This made (Y/N) gasp. "You mean I can do that!?"

The spirit rubbed his hair. "Oh well, I'm sure we could! Besides, if we gossip here, an eavesdropping hyena might interrupt us~."

"There aren't any hyenas in Soul Society, Ruri. You're so silly~!"

"Oh my dear, you'd be surprised! I think there's a particular large hyena growling near us at this very moment~."

"(Y/N), why don't you go change into something more comfortable?" Yumichika interjected in the conversation, only Ruri'iro hearing his sharp tone. "I'll give your favorite drink when you return."

"Ok, Father! I'll be back, Ruri!"

"I'll be counting the seconds, angel!"

The two spirits watched the boy left the room, waiting until his hurried footsteps couldn't be heard anymore. Once it was quiet, Ruri'iro spoke up first.

"Pfff, not one hug. Seems like he's finally opening his eyes to what a loser his father is~."

"The only reason he's so happy to see someone like you is because he doesn't have his Zanpakutō Spirit yet. You're just some novelty."

"Ah, rude! How dare you call me 'a novelty'!? Or is this just another one of your projections? If you want to talk about yourself, just look in a mirror. Can't promise it won't break, though."

"Oh, what a comeback. Bet it took you all month to come up with that zinger, you simple-minded hippo!"

"Me, a hippo? Well, that would make you an elephant, seeing as you're heavier then me. How's that little diet going?"

"Not as well as your tan, I'm sure. It's a wonder how you're still so pale despite all those hours in the sun. Now you look as shriveled as a raisin!"

"Oh, if that's how you want to play-!"

The sliding doors suddenly opened, reveling (Y/N)'s smiling face. "I'm back!"

The young man was met with his father and the Zanpakutō sitting on either side of the kotatsu and Yumichika pouring (Y/N)'s rosemary tea.

"Oh, it's the angel of the hour!" Ruri'iro cheered.

"You're just in time for some hot tea, gemstone!" Yumichika followed, a welcoming smile on his face.

It was like an argument never happened in the room.

(Y/N) hopped over to his spot in between the two and happily sipped his drink.

"Hey, hey, (Y/N)-kun." Ruri'iro spoke up, getting the male's attention. "You know, you're my favorite person in the history of ever!"

Yumichika twitched his brow in annoyance and (Y/N) smile widen.

"Aww, thanks Ruri!"

"So~, I was wondering who (Y/N)-kun's favorite person~?"

Taking the question seriously, (Y/N) crossed his arms and hummed to himself. "My favorite...Person...Hmm..."

Yumichika and Ruri'iro waited for the young man's mind to be made up while also having a silent catty argument between them.

"Hmm...Well...If I have to say...Yea, I guess my favorite person has to be..."

You could cut the tension with Nozarashi.

"My favorite person is Miss Rukia! Oh, and Byakuya-taichō too!"

(Y/N) might as well have stabbed the two in the heart.

"Miss Rukia is always kind and encouraging to me and is always helping me with my training!" (Y/N) continues gushing over his favorite people. "And Byakuya-taichō is really cool but he let's me follow him around and copy him! He even said he'd let me join his squad when I finish the Academy! Miss Rukia told me once that he's been impressed with me for a long time, so I'm a shoe in!"

As their 'precious angel' continued rambling on and on, going on into telling a story about how Byakuya and Rukia once watched over his training personally, Yumichika and Ruri'iro could feel stabs in their ego.

This rivalry just got more complicated.