Patience

Scenario: You wanted to give your dad a present, but he was in a captain's meeting and you couldn't wait any longer.
Characters: Hitsugaya Tōshirō, Hinamori Momo
(Y/N): Son, a child
Canon Universe: Post 1000-Year Blood arc.

Notes: (N/N)=nickname
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
"Alright, now his eyes. Use the light blue crayon and really make them pop, ok?" Momo told you.

"Okay." You answered back, coloring in the eyes with the light blue crayon.

Momo clapped her hands. "Great job, (Y/N)-kun!"

"Thank you, Miss Momo!" You thanked her happily.

You were the son of the Tenth Division Captain, Hitsugaya Tōshirō. Being a young child, you're usually doted on by the other members of the Thirteen Division Imperial Guards, especially by people close to the ice captain himself. Momo is usually the one that keeps you company and right now, she was helping you draw a picture of your dad so you can give it to him as a gift.

"Miss Momo, when is Daddy coming back?" You asked the Lieutenant.

Momo put her finger on her chin in thought. "I think he's still in his captain's meeting. He'll come straight back when he's done though, so don't worry."

"Oh. Ok."
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
Momo had left a while ago while you lounged around on your futon, waiting for your father to return. Unfortunately, it seems that the meeting is taking longer than usual.

"Hmmm, I want Daddy..." You pouted, looking at your picture, and then out the door. After a while, you got dressed and left.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
Captain's Meeting
"Alright, now on our next order of business-Hm?" Nanao was about to continue the already too-long meeting when she looked up and stared at the door. "Is that...?"

"Hm? What's wrong, Nanao-chan?" Head Captain Kyōraku Shunsui asked his lieutenant before feeling the small Spiritual Pressure behind the door and chuckling. "My, my, isn't that cute?"

"He's usually pretty obedient, but I guess even (Y/N)-kun can get impatient," Rukia remarked with a smile.

Tōshirō sighed. "I'm sorry about him."

"Nonsense." Shunsui waved Tōshirō off. "This meeting's been going on for ages. Let's stop for today. Hey, let our little guest in!"

The double doors slowly started to open, revealing the two guards and (Y/N). When he was able to fully look inside the meeting room, he looked around, waving at the Captains who played with him(Rukia, Isane, Shinji that one time(against his will but whatever) and Rose), until his eyes landed on his father. "Daddy!"

Tōshirō sighed as his son ran over to him and hugged him. "(Y/N), how many times do I have to tell you not to leave without a guide? You get lost and injure yourself too easily, what if something were to happen to you?"

(Y/N) sulked at his dad's scolding.

"Come now, Hitsugaya," Rose called out. "(N/N)-kun was able to find his way here just fine and judging by his lack of wounds, he was very cautious on his way here. Right, (N/N)-kun?"

Happy that Rose came to his defense, (Y/N) nodded his head at his dad. "I didn't get lost once!"

Tōshirō sighed. "Ok, I understand. Seems like you worked hard to recall how to get here."

"I did!"

"I see." The Captain stroked his son's head with a small smile. "Good job. You worked hard."

(Y/N) grinned and laughed, delighting in his father's praise until he remembered why he came here in the first place. He took out his picture from his yukata sleeve and presented it proudly. "Daddy, look!"

"What's this?" Tōshirō took the sheet and unfolded it. It was a childish illustration of the ice captain with blue in the background—Tōshirō suspected it was supposed to be either ice or the sky—and there was a long green dragon sticker at the bottom.

"I'm sorry." (Y/N) said, looking down at his feet. "I went with Miss Momo to the World of the Living to look for stickers, but we couldn't find a blue one."

Tōshirō patted his son's head. "No, it's fine. I like it. But you'll have to help me find a place to hang this up."

"Yes, Daddy!"

"Oh! So that's what Hitsugaya-taichō looks like when he's smiling!" Rukia exclaimed, making Tōshirō jump and turn to find some of the captains looking at the picture behind him. He recalled all too late where he was.

(Y/N) puffed his cheeks, feeling the need to defend his dad. "Daddy smiles at me all the time!"

"Aw, he only smiles at his son. That's precious." Isane cooed.

"He looks like a piece of shit," said Kenpachi.

"Daddy, what's a piece of shit?" (Y/N) asked.

"Ok, we're leaving." Tōshirō grabbed his son's hand and the two left the meeting room.

"Daddy?"

"Yes, (Y/N)?"

"I love you!"

Tōshirō looked down at (Y/N) and gave him the smile he always gives him. "I love you too, (Y/N)."
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
Next Chapter: Girls