My Fault

Scenario: A decision that may have cost your life
Characters: Urahara Kisuke, Kotetsu Isane
(Y/N): Gender Neutral, Shinigami
Canon Universe

Request by: @Tukayria04
Random Chapter Thought(s): I am not good with angst, but this will be good practice! Time to break everyone's favorite candy man!
🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬
The sliding doors opened with a slam. The surrounding people, patients, visitors, and 4th Division members alike, looked over in surprise only to be surprised again by a man running to the desk.

"Where's (Y/N)?" He asked, his voice hoarse but intimidating.

"U-Uh, sir, if you could please give me your-"

"Where's (Y/N)?" The man interrupted the man behind the front desk, making the poor weak looking guy jump. "Tell me where they is, now."

"Bu-But this is regulation..."

"I don't care about your regulations, tell me where my child is!" His usual calm demeanor was replaced with sweat and unrivaled anger. So much so that the 4th Division Shinigami behind the front desk didn't say anything in fear of triggering the man again.

"Now you tell me where (Y/N) or I'll-!"

"Urahara-san, please calm down."

That voice caused the two males to put all their attention on it to see Kotetsu Isane. The two men looked at the Captain, the one behind the desk in relief and Kisuke with a face that said 'Finally, someone competent'.

"Isane, where's (Y/N)."

"I'll lead you to their room." Isane said calmly. "However, while we're walking there, please calm yourself. I understand your feelings, but you're not the only one suffering here."

Kisuke nodded his head, not caring what he had to do if it means seeing you. As the two of you walked quickly to your room, Isane told the worried father what happened.

"(Y/N)-san was leading a Hollow Extermination mission with Lieutenant Hinamori and some other members of the 5th Division. When they thought they've gotten all of them and let they're guards down, a Hollow ambushed one of the members. (Y/N)-san protected him, but the Hollow got a hit in..."

Kisuke hesitated to speak, but managed to find the nerve. "And...their chances?"

Isane stopped in front of a window and motioned for the man to look through it. On the other side was you laying on a medical bed, your eyes closed and your body covered with tubes and medical machines with nurses and doctors around you. He could hear the heart monitor, but it wasn't as strong as he would like it to be.

"It's...rather touch and go..."

It was like time stopped for Kisuke as he put his head on the window, the coolness of the glass doing little to heal him. "They...They did this because of me."

"Urahara-san?" Isane didn't expect to hear that from the former Captain.

"Those who leave their teammates are less then scum. I was the one that pounded that thought in their head. If only I didn't teach them that so harshly and let them be selfish, then this wouldn't have happened..."

Isane looked at the defeated man in pity. Sure, putting it all on him on such a weak reason was extremely illogical, especially for Urahara Kisuke. But right now, he's not a genius that has an answer for everything, or some strong Shinigami, or even a ladies' man.

He's a father that's watching his only child teetering on the line between life and death, so putting the blame on himself with some passing comment was to be expected in Isane's eyes.

The tall woman put a hand on his back. "Urahara-san, there's not much I can say that can change this situation that you and (Y/N)-san are in. However, please allow me to say one thing. This isn't your fault. This is a decision that (Y/N)-san made on their own."

"Are you saying that (Y/N) choose to get hurt like this?" Kisuke asked, his voice getting rather dangerous.

The man's voice honestly frightened Isane, but she held on. "No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that they've choosen to protect their teammate. What you taught them was a noble thing and it was taken to heart. There's no way a person like (Y/N)-san will...uh, go. So, let's not put it in the universe, ok?"

"Ah, Kotetsu-taichō! You're here!" A nurse that was in your room opened the door and called out to her captain. "I'm glad I don't have to search for you. We need you in here, quickly!"

"Yes, I understand." The tall captain answered. She then look at Kisuke. "Everyone here will do everything they can. So, please, hang in there, Urahara-san. (Y/N)-san is holding on steadily, so you must as well."

With that, Isane left the worried father alone in the halls.
🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬
Next Chapter: Your Older Brother Picks On You