Flower Crowns

Scenario: You gave your father a flower crown
Character(s): Kuchiki Byakuya
(Y/N): Gender Neutral, sickly
Canon Universe: Post 1000-Year Blood arc.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
Kuchiki Byakuya was taking a stroll through his gardens when he saw his pride and joy(if he has any), you. You were his child, Kuchiki (Y/N), and were next in line for the head of the family.

Well, you're supposed to be.

Like your late mother, you were a frail child since birth and could hardly get through any of your private lessons without feeling faint. Byakuya always worries about you, though he doesn't outwardly show it.

There are, however, rare days when you've felt well enough to spend time outside. Evidently, today is one of those rare days.

Byakuya saw you sitting near some flowers near the koi pond with your nursemaid sitting next to you. He couldn't see since you were sitting with your back towards him, but you were fussing with something in your lap.

"(Y/N)," Byakuya called out while walking towards you.

At the sound of your dad's voice, you turned back and smiled. "Father! Good day to you!"

"What are you doing outside? Are you feeling well?" Byakuya questioned you as a greeting.

"Yes. I was able to walk around my room without any assistance, so I wanted to give going outside a go."

Byakuya turned to your nanny, Miharu, and the woman bowed her head to him. "(Y/N)-sama hasn't had a fainting spell all day, Kuchiki-sama. They have actually been quite cheerful."

"I see."

"Father, look!" You grabbed your father's attention and presented him with a gift. "Miharu taught me how to make flower crowns. This one's for you!"

Byakuya kneeled so you can put the pink flower crown on his head. You fussed around with it until you got it perfect. "There!" You moved back and looked at your father. "You make pink the new black!"

"Thank you, (Y/N). I'll wear it all day." Byakuya simply said.

"Really!? Thank you, Father!"
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
Omake
"Soooo.........Are we not going to say anything? We're all seriously gonna stand here like it's nothing?" Shinji said when the Captain meeting ended.

"Say what about what, Hirako-taichō?" Isane asked back.

"He's literally standing there with a freaking flower crown on his head."

The two captains looked at Byakuya talking to Rukia, a bright pink flower crown neatly placed on his head.

"Well, I did wonder what it was about for a bit. But then I realized that it wasn't any of my business, so I left it alone." The white-haired woman said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"But it's right there, just begging to be a talking point!" Shinji argued back.

"If you want to know about it so badly, why don't you ask him?"

"What would I look like, going up to him and asking him about that damn flower cro-?"

"Kotetsu Isane." That deep voice made the both of them jump.

"Kuchiki-taichō, please don't scare me like that!" The woman pleaded, her forehead sweating a bit.

"Ever since (Y/N) started taking the medications you give them, the rare days that they can walk outside without fainting have been steadily increasing. Their appetite has also been improving. I wish to thank you for your hard work."

"O-Oh no problem at all! I'm glad (Y/N) is slowly getting better! As long as they don't overexert themselves, they will stay on the road to recovery. Ah, but as a remainder, make sure they come by my barracks for their weekly check-up."

"I'll have Abarai escort them to you tomorrow then." Byakuya was about to walk off when he noticed Shinji looking at him. "Is there something wrong, Hirako Shinji?"

"So...Where'd ya get the fancy flower wear?"

"My child gave it to me and I promised them that I would wear it all day."

"Oh. It's very, uh, pink."

"Yes. To quote my child, 'I make pink the new black'."
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
Next Chapter: Rewards