xvi.

••●══════۩۞۩══════●•

The handsome stranger

Ophelia stood on the edge of the large mountain her hometown was located on, the wind was gently blowing on her face as her hair flew a little behind her. Her eyes scanned the view in front of her, everything from the forests, to the large river, the sky, the clouds, the ground to the birds who soured around the white fluffy clouds that could be seen from a distance.

She took a large breath while closing her eyes, she tilted her head upwards as she took in the sound of mother nature.

"No vas a saltar, ¿verdad? / You are not gonna jump, are you?" a voice said from behind her, she opened her eyes quickly and snapped her head backward. Behind her stood a boy no older than herself, he had tanned skin and short curly brown hair, he had a strong build and wore a skintight white t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. His dark brown eyes peered into her own coffee brown ones. Ophelia couldn't deny that he was quite handsome, but the look on his face told her that he was well aware that he was.

She smirked a little before turning her head and closing her eyes again,

"Podría si no tienes un discurso increíble para convencerme de lo contrario / I might, if you don't have an amazing speech to convince me otherwise" she said while keeping her eyes closed,

"Oof, no suelo llevar uno de esos por ahí / oof, I don't usually carry one of those around," he said while chuckling a bit.

"Eso es muy malo entonces / that's to bad then" Ophelia replies, she hears footsteps behind her and suddenly feels the presence of another body beside her. She opens her eyes and looks over to the stranger who now stands beside her.

"Tu me inspiraste / you inspired me" he replied with a small shrug, he then copied her earlier actions and closed his eyes. Ophelia took the chance to further inspect his features, he had a sharp jawline and was quite tall, but only a few centimeters taller than herself.

"Bueno, ¿quién va a hacer el discurso ahora? / who's gonna do the speech now?" she asked him, he opened his eyes and met her own ones who peered at him with a small smile on her face. He shrugged his shoulder a little.

"No lo sé / I don't know" he replied, "¿algunas ideas? / any ideas?" he asked her. She gently shakes her head at him.

"¿Y usted? / what about you?" she asked him.

"¿Qué tal esto, ambas renunciamos y decidimos más tarde?' how about this? we both step down and then decide later" he suggested. Ophelia chuckled a little before gently nodding her head. He stepped down from beside her and offered her his hand.

"Wow, un Caballero / wow, a gentleman" she chuckled while taking his hand, she stepped down from the edge and her white dress with green flowers on it followed her movements, the dress reached her mid-thigh, it was tight around the torso but when it reached her waistline it flowed out. She wore a pair of white sneakers while her brown hair was falling to her waist naturally.

"Soy Matteo / I am Matteo" he introduced himself while holding his hand out for her to shake, she took his hand and shake it while replying.

"Ophelia"

"Que hermosa nombre / what a beautiful name" he told her with a smile, she found herself smiling back which was something she hadn't done for a long while.

----

"De ninguna manera / no way" Ophelia said while laughing, Matteo joined in on her laughing, it was now evening and together they sat talking in one of the restaurants in the town

"Es cierto / it's true" he defends himself while laughing, that laughter soon dies down and they are consumed by a comfortable silence. They had spend the whole day together, talking and laughing about things in their lives.

Ophelia can truly say that she hasn't been having this funny in ages.

"Entonces, ¿nos volveremos a encontrar mañana? / well then, will we meet again tomorrow?" Matteo asks while standing up from where they sat on the ground, Ophelia follows his actions and stands up in front of him.

"Si, me gustaria eso / Yea, I would like that" she replied with a small smile. Matteo nods with a smile of his own on his face before leaving. Ophelia follows him with her eyes as he disappears into one of the houses in the small village.

She lets out a deep sigh before starting to walk towards the orphanage. Millions of thoughts were souring thru her head as she hummed a small tune while she walked.

It was safe to say that Ophelia had found a new friend, and with him being muggle she had the chance of a normal friendship with someone who isn't included in the wizarding world.