Chapter 34

I didn't think...

How did he even...?

Why me...?!

"Slade, please take it off!" I cried in agony, slapping my hands over my face.

It is game day and we are suppose to be leaving soon to make it in time. Since I'm a player I have to be there a half an hour early before it actually starts.

"Nope, not gonna." He smirked. "Nice outfit by the way."

Making a face at him, I looked down triple checking my outfit one last time.

My new white soccer jersey fit perfectly with our schools mascot printed on the front next a smaller print of my number and my named printed in standard writing on the back above my number, 11.

Surprising it was the one of the numbers available and coincidentally also my dad's number when he played.

Paired with my black shorts stopping just above my knees, a couple inches above my long white Nike socks, matching my brand new black Nike cleats.

"I don't understand why you assist on embarrassing me!" I exclaimed.

"Don't forget Kia too." He smirked once more. "And the fact that it's my job." He stated in a duh voice.

Pulling my matching team jacket on, I pouted. "But you don't have to do it like this." Gesturing my hand with a wave towards his newly self decorated shirt.

The front has Kia's last name and jersey number written on the front while mines where on the back. Since it is pretty cold outside he wore it over his black hoodie. But that's not what really bothered me, its the dance moves he is planning to do when we score. Even though he is not even halfway healed yet he still tries as he does this thing with his hips...

God, help me please!

Tilting my head towards the ceiling I exited my bathroom into my bedroom, grabbing my gym bag as I passed through.

"Ma, are you and Dean ready? We need to go now!" I yelled on my way down the stairs followed by a over excited Slade.

"We're in the kitchen waiting for you." She called back.

With Nico already gone and no one to be left home, I walked in the kitchen to see her double checking the back door.

"Can we leave Slade here?" I asked her politely, bashing my eyelashes furiously.

Dean chuckled. "Oh, come on. You've got you're own personal cheerleader." He smiled, trying to cheer me up. "That's pretty awesome."

"Yeah." Slade piped in, smiling.

I rolled my eyes at the blue eyed duo. "Fine!" I exclaimed. "Cheer on!" I smiled slightly, pumping my arm in the air with fake enthusiasm.

"Yay!" Slade yelled, hugging me around the shoulders with his good arm while smiling like a kid at a candy store.

"Yeah, yeah." I murmured. "Let's go!" I called, walking out the kitchen towards the garage.

I'm so happy that my mind is being taken off of all this Molly ghost crap, it has been getting to me lately.

Not to mention how weird Alex acted when I asked him about Molly. And how jealousy he seemed to act when he mentioned how she use to have a thing for Slade.

Poor Molly, she couldn't even tell the guy she loved that she loved him...

And Slade...

I can't tell him. I don't want him to feel guilty for not knowing or noticing the signs when she was alive.